Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 02-01-2018, 11:33 PM

Default Logic X track stacks are not fully recognized by EuCon

Hey Eddie, what do you think about this one?

EuCon doesn't see plugins on some type of Logic tracks, it's like they're not there.

Start with a new project, create a few tracks. Shift-select them all, right click and create track stack. summing stack.

Now, the parent of this stack will be called Sum 1. If you insert a plugin on this track from the EuCon controller, all is well, but if you insert it with the mouse the conventional way, EuCon sees no plugin in that slot.

That's a workflow hinderance for me and people who have come to rely on this Logic feature.

Thanks

Last edited by robertg; 02-02-2018 at 01:31 PM.
Old 02-03-2018, 05:33 PM
Avid

Default Re: Logic X track stacks are not fully recognized by EuCon

I'll take a look Monday..EDIT Wednesday now..sorry
Old 02-07-2018, 11:19 AM
Avid

This is an old bug(and discussed in another post) and nothing to do with Stacks, it affects all tracks. This has been reported to Apple but please can you post on their forum. To see them you have to save and reopen the session.
Old 02-08-2018, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
This is an old bug(and discussed in another post) and nothing to do with Stacks, it affects all tracks. This has been reported to Apple but please can you post on their forum. To see them you have to save and reopen the session.
Thanks Eddie, it seems that these old bugs are not ever going to be fixed, it's been 5 years for some.

I'm also doubtful that I could have any impact in bug reporting to them, I am just one user. You do have a lot more weight as the developer of a major control protocol. Is there anything you can do to encourage them to increase the priority of bug fixes?
Old 02-08-2018, 07:39 AM
Avid

You maybe one user but if all the one users report this (and there are 1000's of Logic Artist users) then they would give Avid more argument to get them to work on it.
Old 02-21-2018, 03:19 AM

Eddie, in messing with this some more I've determined that we're talking about 2 different Logic bugs involving missing plugins. One is that the plugin is "there" but just has no name shown - it's selectable and you can turn it on and off, the other is that it's completely invisible to the surfaces.

Regardless, I really have a tough time accepting that the burden is on *us* to get Apple to fix these. Here's another possibility, what if they're not bugs at all in Apple's view, and these are changes made to Logic's behavior and it's up to AVID to adjust Eucon and adapt to them. But maybe that's not happening because it's too much of an undertaking and would risk breaking other things?

I am strongly considering buying an S3 and PT dock sometime this year to replace my five surfaces. It's not something I am likely to do however if these ancient flaws are not fixed, regardless of who is to blame for it.

Thanks again for your time and attention to these issues.
Rob
Old 02-21-2018, 07:24 AM
Avid

The burden is on both of us. If we go to Apple with bugs that they haven't heard of from their customers they will be a lot lower priority than if customers had reported them directly too. EUCON is a API/SDK the states how a DAW should connect and work with the Consoles. All EUCON partners have to follow that otherwise it would be a nightmare writing code specifically for each of the 50+ EUCON partners. The missing plugin bug, is that after inserting one, Logic should refresh the knobsets. It doesnt. No amount of code on our side could magically get those new names if Logic doesnt present them.

We are working with them though so hopefully we can get them resolved.