Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2012, 02:16 AM

Default Need help installing Pro tools 8.0.5 on a computer with windows. 7

I have spent the last 12 hours trying to get my pro tools to run. I just bought a mbox2 which came with the pro tools 8 software. I installed the program and tried to run it.It then gives me the error saying "Unable to locate Digidesign Hardware." but the hardware is plugged in. So then i go to the avid we site and find out that i have to update to 8.0.5 for it to run... ok i can do that. so i did the update. still not working giving me the same error message. so then i see there are drivers available so i figure lets try that... installed latest drivers... still same error message. Then i start reading around and see that I should install 8.0.5 before plugging in the hardware so I uninstalled pro tools and its drivers and started from scratch. I installed the pro tools 8 from the soft ware disc and when it told me to connect the hardware I did not do it, it finished installing the software and I then downloaded and installed the update to 8.0.5 and when that told me to connect the hardware I did, I then downloaded and installed the driver update...everything seem like it was working but when I open pro tools it says the same hardware not found! This is driving me crazy! Anybody have any suggestions on what I could possibly be doing wrong. Am I installing something in the wrong order? Please any suggestions would be greatly appreciated .
Old 03-02-2012, 11:31 AM

Default Re: Need help installing Pro tools 8.0.5 on a computer with windows. 7

Be sure to give a Sandra report- it gives everyone trying to help something to start with..
Everything looks good until you installed the (mbox?) drivers... That's not necessary in 8.0.5.
It looks like you may have to do it all over again, minus the driver install (if you havent already done so.) good luck!
Old 03-02-2012, 05:57 PM

Start by using the uninstaller on the disk(you need to start fresh). After a reboot, run the 8(or 8.0.30 installer(Right-click the Setup icon and choose Run as Admin). When the installer asks you to connect the hardware, DON'T. Just click okay and let the installer finish. Reboot and run the 8.0.5 updater. When the updater asks for the interface, DO connect it and finish. Reboot again and try to open Pro Tools and have your authorization code handy(the code that starts with "DIGI08.....". If that doesn't work, uninstall again and review my reply in this thread:

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=318524

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-12-2012, 12:37 PM

what uninstaller disk are you talking about?
Old 11-12-2012, 07:24 PM

When you buy LE 8, either you get the download or a DVD. Either SHOULD include a utility named Uninstall.....(its not a separate disk. sorry for any confusion).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave