Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2020, 10:18 AM

Default Hotkey to disable automatic loop when a clip/area is highlighted??

I'm sure i'm not the only one where this is driving me insane but however this new feature got added on and I can't for the life of me figure out how to disable it. When a region is highlighted, Pro Tools automatically loops that area when playback passes it. It also jumps to looping a desired clip area when a clip is double clicked. I've searched high and low to figure out how to disable this but no luck. Anybody with an answer is the real MVP. thanks Aviders
Old 08-24-2020, 11:01 AM

Default Re: Hotkey to disable automatic loop when a clip/area is highlighted??

Options->Loop Playback. (Cmd-Shift-L on Mac). Or right click the play button on the transport and deselect there. Or press 4 on the numeric keypad (not on the numbers above the letters).
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 1.59.17 PM.png (60.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-24-2020, 12:44 PM

Hey thanks for the reply but this is something different than just disabling/enabling the basic "Loop Playback" function. I want to have loop playback on, but a something new has been introduced in PT where if you highlight an area during playback, the highlighted area will loop once playback gets to that point and will stop looping once you unhighlight the area all during playback. Also, when double clicking a clip during playback, PT will automatically begin looping the double-clicked area no matter where it is on the timestamp. This makes it harder to highlight things and edit on the fly during playback because PT stops to acknowledge this loop function over everything. Disabling "Loop Playback" will only force PT to stop playing after it plays over the highlighted area. Not what I want. Anybody that can help would be great. thanks again.
Old 08-24-2020, 12:51 PM

Just want to add, PT use to work in a way where you could highlight an area, press play and it will loop that area forever until you stop it and I'd be able to unhighlight and edit anything within that region. The way it's different now is that once I unhighlight the looped region to work no it, PT just continues to play on past what I want to focus on. Very frustrating. Just to add more to the perspective. Thanks again. And this is Pro Tools 2020.5 i'm on btw.
Old 08-24-2020, 03:51 PM

Turn off dynamic transport in the options menu
Old 08-24-2020, 05:19 PM

You're a Godsend. Thank you! I never knew about this feature. Thanks again