Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2014, 09:45 AM

Default Can't Install Space IR's

Hello all. I'm in the process of installing Pro Tools on a newish MacBook Pro. It's an early 2011 model and I'm running OSX 10.9.3 and Pro Tools 11.1.2. I'm in the process of downloading PT 11.1.3 to see if it helps. But basically the issue is I can't seem to install the extra Space IR's. Everytime I click the install Space IR package I get an error

One or more files could not be written. Please see the log for errors.

I checked the console but don't see anything. Not sure where else to look for a log. I checked the permission on my HD/Users/Username/Documents/Space Libraries. Thinking it might be a permissions issue. Didn't help. I'm not sure what to do. I have some external IR's I can load just fine. Any help would be appreciated. And if PT 11.1.3 helps I will respond and let everyone know.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:40 AM

Default Re: Can't Install Space IR's

Updated to PT 11.1.3. No change. Still can't install the IR's. Anyone???
Old 05-21-2014, 07:20 AM

Hi

Just for you, I followed the links on the Space Plugin page to the old TL space Impulse Response Libraries and downloaded the Room impulse zip to try it out for you.

After the zip extracted to its individual .tls files I then loaded an instance of Space and used the menu item to install a space impulse library. Selected one of the tls files and it went through the install correctly. Checked the date/time on the installed files and they match when I just installed, so the equivalent files that I had previously installed were overwritten.

So it seems to be working.

Of course you don't have to install in this way if you already have a copy of the files that were installed previously, assuming you previously installed them for use with the old TL space, and you have a backup.

You can just copy those files, put them in the correct place, and Space will recognise them the next time you load an instance of it.
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)
Old 05-21-2014, 08:30 AM

Thanks for letting me know. I've deleted space and it's folder in documents and reinstalled. Still won't work. I'll keep trying. Wish I could find the log it mentions.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:54 AM

I wonder ... The folder that Space looks for its impulse responses in is ...

Users/Shared/Avid/Space/Impulse Responses

and then the sub-folder structure that were created by the TL Impulse Response Library installs.

I now remember that I definitely didn't install IRs to there when Space was first released, I copied the IRs across from the folder where the old TL Space put them.

So maybe the IRs won't install unless that folder already exists ... maybe it won't create the folder for you.

Give it a try, create that folder if it doesn't already exist and then try the installers again.

Hope that works!
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)
Old 05-21-2014, 11:57 AM

Hi Nigel
I appreciate the help. I checked and already have the folder. However the one I deleted was under my username. I didn't realize there was one in the shared folder. So I checked the permissions from that folder back and set to where everyone had read & write privileges and it still doesn't work. However I did find the install logs in that folder. It lists the files it's suppose to install then simply says

"failure creating file"

Not sure what's up. I am using installers I had downloaded a couple of months ago. Maybe something is corrupted. I'll redownload and see what happens.

Update: Redownloaded the rooms zip. Same exact thing. Guess I'll delete everything Space related again and reinstall. FWIW I had space working perfectly on my Mac Pro.

Update 2: I deleted everything, ran PT pref cleaner, repaired disk permissions, emptied trash, and rebooted. It's finally working. Yay!! Thanks
Old 05-21-2014, 12:18 PM

Try using the "Install Other IR folder" choice(this worked for me a while back)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 12-08-2014, 11:11 AM

Hey there,

I was just having this same problem and couldn't find a solution.
After some poking around, I figured it out.
The folder that "Space" created in the plugin directory was denying the application permission.
So I made the folder and it's contents "read & write" for everyone.
After that, the IRs installed fine from the Space interface.
Old 12-27-2014, 12:10 AM

Same problem here. Followed everything I could find on the internet regarding this, but still get the "One or more files not written. Check log for errors" dialog.

The main plug-in works with the measly number of IRs included with the download. So we know the plug in works till that point. The others downloaded as .tls files will not unpack. When you first select the .tls, you get a window showing the contents which are part of the package, the .wav files which are the impulse responses and the .jpg files for the pictures. Very good till this point until you select install. Then you get the error message

Have tried everything I could find. Made all files, read and write. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
www.hitproductions.net
Old 12-27-2014, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitp View Post
Same problem here. Followed everything I could find on the internet regarding this, but still get the "One or more files not written. Check log for errors" dialog.

The main plug-in works with the measly number of IRs included with the download. So we know the plug in works till that point. The others downloaded as .tls files will not unpack. When you first select the .tls, you get a window showing the contents which are part of the package, the .wav files which are the impulse responses and the .jpg files for the pictures. Very good till this point until you select install. Then you get the error message

Have tried everything I could find. Made all files, read and write. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answered here: http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=362232

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control