Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 04-13-2011, 12:25 PM

Default FCP OMF import into PT9 is white noise

All the waveforms visually are correct, number of tracks, etc...however ALL the audio is white noise.

The sequence in FCP is about 4 minutes and 8 tracks. I have created a fresh sequence in a new project that is 2 tracks and 10 seconds (a SLUG) with the same result.

All export options...48khz/16, 48/24, 44/16, 44/24...white noise.

I have swapped audio interfaces as well between M-AUDIO Projectmix, Presonus Firebox, and Focusrite Saffire 26. The OMF properly works in Logic and STP. It just doesn't play in PT9. (BTW, I use PT all the time VO and commercial production so the rig works.)

Is there anything that I'm missing that is obvious like "Oh, EVERYONE knows that has NEVER worked..."

Last edited by EverettMarshall; 04-13-2011 at 01:39 PM. Reason: typo
Old 04-13-2011, 12:55 PM

Default Re: FCP OMF import into PT9 is white noise

a little more new info...

I just did an AIFF export from FCP. Then, in a new PT9 session I attempt an import. In the window where the file to import is selected I am able to preview the AIFF and it sounds just fine. After import, the waveform in the timeline seems correct but the audio is white noise.

Something is funked up in the conversion in PT.