Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020

Old 09-18-2020, 07:33 PM

Default Delaying subscription renewal by 1 day?

If my Pro Tools yearly subscription is set to renew on September 29th am I able to delay it by 1 day and pay the full amount on the 30th? I am able to pay it on the 29th if I have to but I'd rather take it out of my cheque coming on the 30th if a 1 day delay is do-able. But I heard if you miss your renewal date you have to completely re-purchase pro tools?

If the above is not doable an alternative method would be if I was able to just purchase the 39.99 monthly subscription on the upcoming 29th and then renew my yearly subscription on the 29th of October. I see the monthly option in my account but it still lists as a yearly subscription, only paid monthly. If i purchased the monthly I'd only want it for 1 month and then Id renew the full year the following month since its cheaper to do the whole year.

Last edited by DBK; 09-18-2020 at 07:53 PM.
Old 09-18-2020, 09:14 PM

Default Re: Delaying subscription renewal by 1 day?

There’s a grace period. I can’t recall the exact amount, but I believe it’s 14 days.

So you can pay a day later, but your renewal date will still be the day before. So next year, it will still be due on the 29th not the 30th.

Does that make sense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-18-2020, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
There’s a grace period. I can’t recall the exact amount, but I believe it’s 14 days.

So you can pay a day later, but your renewal date will still be the day before. So next year, it will still be due on the 29th not the 30th.

Does that make sense?

As long as you're 100% sure that would work great. I'd hate to miss the day and then have to repurchase perpetual. Do I need to contact support or simply go into my account and renew as you usually would?
Old 09-18-2020, 11:35 PM

It’s actually 30 days.

https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=395812

But, I’m a user and this is a user forum. If you want it from the horse’s mouth, contact AVID directly.