Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2001, 02:52 PM

Default Help managing audio files

Hi, this is probably a very simply question, but it has me stumped at the moment.
How do get pro-tools to save audio files at a specific location on a disk?
I have set up a Session Template, which I want to use in order to save me having to create a new session for every song I want record. However once I have loaded up my template session, I want to make sure that all the audio files are stored in a new folder for each song. How do I direct Pro-Tools to a different folder other than the default "audio files" folder that was created with the template?
Any help welcome.

Ian
Old 11-05-2001, 04:09 PM

Default Re: Help managing audio files

Under the setup menu, you should find the disk allocation menu. option click on the top track and select choose folder. (by holding down option, it allocates all the tracks to the same destination, instead of having to do the allocation to every single track. Also are you creating you template as a stationary pad? This process works very well for templates, as you don't have to save as everytine you open up that session, it will prompt you to either create a new session, or edit stationary pad.

Hope this helps.

Dan Cheung
Solid Sound Studios/Legacy Entertainment
Los Angeles CA
OS 10.5.x Leopard
Protools LE 7.4
Mbox II
Old 11-06-2001, 01:46 PM

Default Re: Help managing audio files

Thanks, I give that a go!