Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2016, 06:26 AM

Default Re: Pro tools 12.5 is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Hellfire View Post
Never had that problem. 12.5 isn't showing in my app manager, but the download is available in my account when I log in. But previously, all updates were shown in my app manager up to 12.4.
Tony Carridi posted elsewhere that AppMan was having some issues with this release and to rely on Avid accts.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 03-30-2016, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek View Post
Tony Carridi posted elsewhere that AppMan was having some issues with this release and to rely on Avid accts.
Personally, I prefer that anyway.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 03-30-2016, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
Personalty, I prefer that anyway.
Me too!! No AppMan use here at all.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 03-30-2016, 08:01 AM

Same thing. But found it under Products I have not Downloaded yet! Then did the reg dance and iLok think.
PT 2022.12 studio, Cubase 12 Pro, 12 Core Mac Pro 6,1 96GB OS X 12.6.6, Mac Mini i7 QC 16GB, Digico Soundgrid DLI, Revive Audio 96IO & 192 DBox & 2BussLT for summing, Waves, SoundToys and a pile of other plugins. NI Maschine/Komplete Ultimate 12 and many many, too many Kontakt Libraries.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmT..._as=subscriber
Old 03-30-2016, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fezzler View Post
The second $99 for the plug-in updates was to include the amps and cabs from Eleven -or Eleven- and not just the pedals?

I don't see Eleven in my account or the Software Not Yet Installed tab?

Hmm.
Under Products you have yet to download
PT 2022.12 studio, Cubase 12 Pro, 12 Core Mac Pro 6,1 96GB OS X 12.6.6, Mac Mini i7 QC 16GB, Digico Soundgrid DLI, Revive Audio 96IO & 192 DBox & 2BussLT for summing, Waves, SoundToys and a pile of other plugins. NI Maschine/Komplete Ultimate 12 and many many, too many Kontakt Libraries.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmT..._as=subscriber
Old 03-30-2016, 08:30 AM

STILL not available in my account. Anyone else not got it yet?
Old 03-30-2016, 08:32 AM

Hey JALaudio, r.heyman, holler, and anyone else having edu license issues ...

Did you guys not follow the solution I posted in the licensing section last autumn? Or was it not relevant to your situation? It's directly relevant to people on the four years of free upgrades deal, but is also arguably relevant to people on the four years of upgrades at $99 per upgrade deal (which was later changed to four years of upgrades at $99 per upgrade).

For me, Avid provided me with a support plan for free, with a one year expiry date. That was close to when my four years will be up. Then, when renewal time comes, I'll just buy a standard upgrade renewal.

Most importantly, this process of getting a free edu support plan into your account also resolves any issues where if you just wait until your four years is up and then try to buy a support plan, they'll want to charge you 'plan reinstatement' prices because everyone was required to be on a plan by the end of 2015 to avoid that.

Better to argue your case now and hopefully get it sorted, than wait until more water has passed under bridge before doung anything about it.

They were happy for me to post details up and encourage others with edu licenses to go through the same support case process, and said they could quote my case if necessary, as not all support agents will be aware of what was agreed.

I know of others who followed the process after me and got their licenses sorted out as well. So it can be done.

Now though, six months later, you'll have to persuade them to do the same for you, and it will depend on how ling you have left before your four years is up.

If you only have a few days/weeks left, then you probably won't get anywhere asking for a free support plan license, and you'll have to rely on them giving you a download link. But if you have any where approaching a year left, they should sort you out as they did for me.

See my post here ...
http://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=2302032&postcount=10

and use the link I provided in this post in another thread to start a support case ...
http://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=2...&postcount=319

It may be worth you reading a few of the posts in those threads to get the gist of how it was handled last autumn.

Good luck either way, and I'm sorry you missed those posts back then.
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)
Old 03-30-2016, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrodaddy View Post
STILL not available in my account. Anyone else not got it yet?
Yeah there's a whole other thread going for those of us who haven't gotten it.

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=379371
Old 03-30-2016, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelpry View Post
Hey JALaudio, r.heyman, holler, and anyone else having edu license issues ...
I did end up getting 12.4, but I had to email them to get it. Unfortunately, I wasn't given a free support upgrade like you.

Now they're trying to bilk me out of $300 to get 12.5. Silly. I know they're not doing well as a company, but they shouldn't screw over the small guys.

Guess I'm fortunate to work at a large studio, where I don't have to pay for the upgrades.

EDIT: Thank you Jeffro for submitting a case for me! You rule.

Last edited by JALaudio; 03-30-2016 at 12:10 PM.
Old 03-30-2016, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JALaudio View Post
I did end up getting 12.4, but I had to email them to get it. Unfortunately, I wasn't given a free support upgrade like you.

Now they're trying to bilk me out of $300 to get 12.5. Silly. I know they're not doing well as a company, but they shouldn't screw over the small guys.

Guess I'm fortunate to work at a large studio, where I don't have to pay for the upgrades.

EDIT: Thank you Jeffro for submitting a case for me! You rule.
Jeffro was the man who got my trailblazing case started too. We have much to thank him for ;-)
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)