Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2017, 08:20 AM

Default Layering Acoustic Guitar - See what I do..advice

La -- You'll be able to understand why top skateboards has switched within the sport connected with preference among youthful men. It is not just less pricey than other board sports like snowboarding and surfing, but skaters can pursue their their hobby no matter local terrain or climate.

Spurred while using the growing want skateboarding, a bounty of apparel companies have started serving the skate market. Brands like Volcom, Hurley and Element become skateboard-specific labels and they are distributed through niche stores that focus on that customer.

Jeans has extended been among skateboarding's preferred fabrics, mainly due to its durability within this oft rough-and-tumble sport. But until lately skaters' jeans choices really limited most skate jeans were any longer difficult more than an easy dark jeans obtaining a loose fit.

Since participation has elevated, however, skaters seek more sophistication using their labels, and kinds will likely the dish with elevated fashion-driven styles. "Durability was the initial desire to use jeans, nonetheless it's switched inside the skate fashion," explains Tom Ruiz, vice-president of sales for Costa Mesa, Calif.-based Volcom, that provides five jean bottoms in 3 or 4 washes, such as the popular vintage khaki rinse. Volcom can also be succeeding getting its twisted-seam Ergo jeans.

"We have offered jeans within the last ten years,In . states Ruiz, "but centered on it within the last 4 years by growing the styles and washes within the line. Jeans presently 's about 60 % inside our business, and at this time we are just searching to refine it."

At Hurley Worldwide, design innovations have helped sales within the Hurley Jeans line double every year because the collection was introduced 3 years ago, based on Lian Murray, director of design and merchandising.

"The dimensions [of Hurley Jeans] grows since the styles are growing. We uncover that children are actually receptive to alter and newness, which provides us lots of freedom to create lots of fashion jeans," states Murray, adding the most effective factors is very recommended when making jeans bottoms for each skateboarder.

"Most generally it's fashion along with function," explains Murray, adding that whisker washes, sandblasting and engineered looks familiar with well. "You will need people to look wonderful within the physiques, but they ought to be comfy. Whether it states it is a 32, it could really certainly be a 33, but that is a secret. For the summer time time time time time time time length of time we are some jeans which has stretch [2 percent] there for men, along with children are really into that."

Hurley also pulled an element inside the urban and club markets using somewhat Velcro-closure pocket hidden within the jean's inseam.

Irvine, Calif.-based Element is the one other skate apparel (and difficult goods) brand that presenting jeans along with two to four percent Lycra inside the Element Flex Jeans program.

"When they are skating, they cannot obtain pants be guaranteed,Inch states design director Alex En Pena. "It ought to be loosened. The crotch needs to be more givable, a bit more relieving. That's particularly why we perform flex jeans."

In addition, baggy skate jeans can it be not really acquainted with be.

"Clearly there's that guy wishing a baggy look, but it is toned lower a great deal,In . states Vince DeLaPena, marketing director for board sport brand Ezekiel (located in Irvine, Calif.), that has offered seven to nine jeans bottom styles within the last four seasons. https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-t...rd-skates-zone

"What's succeeding is much more just like a 501 cut," concurs Jim Bob Hume, buyer for Everett, Wash.-based Zumiez, a skate and snowboard retail chain with roughly 80 stores, mostly within the Northwest. "It's most likely harder to skate in individuals goofy boy pants compared to tight jeans anyway."

Hume added that jeans sales aren't growing inside the same pace as hard goods, "but denim's certainly hot, so sales are up at this time and growing."

Really, at Off-shore Sunwear stores, skate and surf have swapped retail dominance, based on Tim Harmon, president and chief merchandising officer for that 549-unit retail chain.

"Our skate brands section may be the fastest-growing segment inside our business," states Harmon, adding that PacSun's skate apparel business (mostly branded T-shirts and hooded fleece) was up thirty-5 % from last year. "It's essentially flipped with surf. We went from 65-35 surf-skate to 65-35 skate-surf each year.In .

This is often frequently frequently great news for Ezekiel's DeLaPena, they enjoy everybody other brands is betting on denim's potential.

"Because the skateboard brands become bigger and occupy more property, they'll see increasingly more more more more more more lots of jeans influence since it is an amazing-natural factor for each skate company to complete. Jeans is clearly an emphasis for those who remains.In .

Waxing Brazilian

Sul Jeans could just be the most effective Brazilian import since Gisele Bundchen. But can be. They label began selling its sexy, low-cut women's jeans last fall, and will be offering to start the men's line at retail for spring.

Sul, meaning "south" in Portuguese, is providing fresh fashions like drapey stretch fleece "jeans," black stretch "jeans" in cotton twill and periodic-rise boot-cuts in lightweight denims. The road generally is a project of Brazilian jeans expert The Vintage Group, along with entire lines are produced in South america.

Almost all Sul's jeans cost to retail between $75 and $125, states Robert Carilli, someone within the Vintage Group. "You need to escape that product which all looks alike. There's this type of traffic jam inside the $65 to $75 cost point, acquiring a larger cost will most likely a lot more while using the product." Learn how to ride a skateboard

Steve Cohen, formerly with Edwin and Lucky Brand Dungarees, is president of sales for that line, that provides knits and woven tops. Carilli and Cohen want Sul men's in 35 doorways for spring and 75 doorways by fall. "We'd have to be around $50 million 3 years out," states Carilli. "Contributing to thirty-5 % of that needs to be in men's."

Carilli provides back the selection with trade advertising furthermore to really wants to open Sul boutiques in New You are able to and South Beach later this season.

Last edited by tuanhuylink; 06-19-2017 at 12:05 AM.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:52 AM

Default Re: Layering Acoustic Guitar - See what I do..advice

"....pan off the two guitars. At this point it sounds great."
This is the song telling you to stop right there. Just because you CAN stack up 2-4-12 tracks of acoustics, doesn't mean you NEED to

If its missing "something", try another single track, playing the guitar with a capo(so all the chord forms are different from the original guitars). Or get a second inexpensive acoustic and string it with high strings(IOW, the octave strings of a 12 string guitar). High E and B will be the same but the other 4 strings will be an octave higher than your regular guitar, giving you the jangle of a 12 string, but way easier to play cleanly

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 06-04-2017, 12:56 PM

It may be a bit simple, but I like to change mic's and/or mic positions to get tonal variations. also different areas of your recording space can offer a multitude of sound variation... stick the mic in a closet, hallway, etc and play that way. You'd be surprised at the cool sounds u get
Old 06-05-2017, 10:14 AM

Hi there,
Any time you simply double something, you end up with two of the identical clips, which when played together, just turns the volume up.
If you pan them hard left and right, you end up with mono down the center.
If you manipulate one with an effect or delay, they become panable seperate sources again.
People tend to mic acoustics from a different distance or different mic to eliminate this phenomenon.
Old 06-07-2017, 07:27 AM

... First off, all of the above !

The only thing I didn't see mentioned is that you can take your current (2) mono acoustic tracks and feed them to (2) mono Sends that go to 2 mono delays panned opposite the current tracks' positions (i.e.- send your hard-panned Ac on the Right side to a hard-panned delay on the Left side).

Make each delay time & character different (i.e.- bright dotted 8ths on Right, dark quarter notes on Left, or whatever fits the rhythm & nature of the song).

Then blend these in just a touch.
It avoids the "exact duplicate" issues & can be simpler than tracking another couple guitars if the artist is no longer around.

IHTH...

MacPro 7,1; 16 core OSX 13.5.2
PT 2023.9; Eucon 2023.6
Dock/S1/2x iPad
Old 06-07-2017, 12:05 PM

Default Layering Acoustic Guitar - See what I do..advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64GTOBOY View Post
It may be a bit simple, but I like to change mic's and/or mic positions to get tonal variations.

A must, I also change pre's with mics to further that idea. My Taylor 414 has a great DI, which I also use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
If its missing "something", try another single track, playing the guitar with a capo(so all the chord forms are different from the original guitars).
Great idea...for a different sound.
Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Or get a second inexpensive acoustic and string it with high strings(IOW, the octave strings of a 12 string guitar). High E and B will be the same but the other 4 strings will be an octave higher than your regular guitar, giving you the jangle of a 12 string, but way easier to play cleanly
Nashville Tuning is what they call it right?
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 06-07-2017, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
A must, I also change pre's with mics to further that idea. My Taylor 414 has a great DI, which I also use.

Great idea...for a different sound.

Nashville Tuning is what they call it right?
Exactly

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave