Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 05-24-2016, 08:45 AM

Default Kyle: Can we get Plugin Focus in the future?? (A Feature Even on the Old Command 8)

Kyle,

With the Dock shipping now... Are you and your team open to looking at reintroducing PLUGIN FOCUS...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faqwPMq_Kqo

A feature found on the old Command 8 that is indispensable and would be such on the Dock as well as EUCON as a whole.

So many of us still reach for the mouse as it takes too long to get plugin control on our controllers.

What's beautiful about the old Command 8 feature is that by a click of a button any plugin you select via the mouse automatically spills out onto the surface rotary knobs or faders if in flip mode.

Would make users use your controllers so much more as we could easily flip from controlling one plugin and then controlling a completely different one without having to figure out which track we want from the surface... then exiting out... then navigating to the plugin we want on the surface etc.

PLUGIN FOCUS would be so much quicker. Is this a possibility for a future release of Eucon?

Again, thanks for all the efforts on Eucon 3.4!
Old 05-24-2016, 09:41 AM

Default Re: Kyle: Can we get Plugin Focus in the future?? (A Feature Even on the Old Command

+1, I've loved this feature on Command 8, too.
Old 05-24-2016, 03:41 PM
Avid

Default Re: Kyle: Can we get Plugin Focus in the future?? (A Feature Even on the Old Command

This is a great request! Please vote here: http://protools.ideascale.com/a/dtd/...en/145360-3779
Berkeley, CA
Old 05-24-2016, 04:05 PM

In the vid, you are mousing around a TON! on the command 8. When you get faster on the artist, you'll realize the speed gain from NOT ever having to grab your mouse. It's like a night and day thing. If you go from mouse to controller to mouse, you are wasting a lot of time. If you stay totally on the surface, you get so much speed. The real speed gain comes in when you have 3 inserts focused on the controller. You can have eq, comp and maybe gain or whatever. Then all you need to do is just select the track and all 3 plug ins are on the surface all the time. Working this way is very fast for me. I actually sold an icon d-command to buy an artist just for this. Forward to today, I have an S3 in one room and a S6 in another. Anyway, you get the idea that your demo is just one style of working.
Custom Build CPU, HDX 1, Omni, 192 I/O Digital
S6 M10 24 fader
Satellite Mac Pro, HDNative, 192 I/0
Black Magic HD Extreme
Old 05-25-2016, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonx1 View Post
In the vid, you are mousing around a TON! on the command 8. When you get faster on the artist, you'll realize the speed gain from NOT ever having to grab your mouse. It's like a night and day thing. If you go from mouse to controller to mouse, you are wasting a lot of time. If you stay totally on the surface, you get so much speed. The real speed gain comes in when you have 3 inserts focused on the controller. You can have eq, comp and maybe gain or whatever. Then all you need to do is just select the track and all 3 plug ins are on the surface all the time. Working this way is very fast for me. I actually sold an icon d-command to buy an artist just for this. Forward to today, I have an S3 in one room and a S6 in another. Anyway, you get the idea that your demo is just one style of working.
Options are nice to have, why not both?

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp