Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 08-11-2013, 06:13 PM

Default Protools Rewire Reason Midi Problem

Hey, had a look around google and this site for solutions but I can't seem to find any. So hopefully someone has had this issue and can help out.

Specs
Protools 8.0
Reason 4.0.1
Sound Blaster X FI Titanium HD
AMD Phenom 2x 4840
4G Ram
Casio CDP-200R

Issue 1

When I open Protools 8 with my keyboard plugged in and on ---> create a new audio track then create instrument ---> Reason. I then go to open reason and it pops up with an error about: "Midi Input Problem. One or several of the midi inputs could not be opened. They might be in use by another application. Open the preferences dialog and check your MIDI settings"

When I go into preferences in Reason my keyboard is ticked "use with reason" but there is a red cross on the right of it. When I click that it tells me it is currently in use.

I am able to connect my launchpad and use that to control reason. Using chanels 3/4 for rewire and the back racks of reason. When I record in protools it records the audio file as in I can see the graphs ect but when I play back there is no sound. Same when I bounce the track... no sound??

Issue 2

I open Protools with my keyboard off. ---> create a new audio track then create instrument ---> reason. Then I turn on my keyboard... Reason then opens fine with no errors about Midi. I then can plug the outputs to channel 3/4 while changing the rewire to 3/4. I get sound in protools but it doesn't record anything just a empty box.

Does anyone know what is going on? I have used Protools with rewire before at a friends place but wasn't having this issue. People have been telling me that Protools controls the Midi so how do I get it to work when reason has no midi to control it?

I really hope this makes sense, feel free to ask any questions :)

Thank you, just want to get back to my music creation.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:36 PM

Default Re: Protools Rewire Reason Midi Problem

So no one has any ideas? Happy to answer questions if I haven't explained it well enough.