Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 02-11-2009, 12:30 PM

Default Another odd PT 8.0 & Rewire/Reason Midi issue

Ok, my writing partner & I were working on a jingle last night and encountered a weird issue while trying to use the acoustic bass combi in Reason. I've searched the forum but not seen this exact error. First, here are the vitals ..

Intel iMac (Penryn) 2.6 ghz with 2 mb Ram
Leopard 10.5.5
Reason 3.05
Midisport 2x2 controller with latest drivers (updated in Dec 08)
Mbox Mini

I added the rewire on insert 1 of a mono instrument track ... reason popped up, set the out to Left 1 in the rewire interface, regular stereo out 1-2 in the mix window. I started recording the midi into the intstrument track, could hear the bass perfectly, all the midi data appeared in the track, but when I tried to playback, nothing ... no sound of any kind, and no action in the track meter. I tried for a while, but no dice. As an expirement, I took the reason out of insert 1 and plugged in a Vaccuum bass ... when I played it back I heard it come through, although it sounded bad ... upon closer look in the midi window, I saw that each midi note had doubled and was about a 16th note later than its predecessor ... basically each note was sounding twice! Very odd ... anybody have any ideas why this would be happening & how to fix?

Thanks!
Old 03-03-2009, 11:10 AM

Default Re: Another odd PT 8.0 & Rewire/Reason Midi issue

Some have reported instances of double note entry when using M-Audio controllers with multiple zone assignment. Use the search function for more info.