Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2004, 12:55 PM

Default video/audio questions

Hello Anyone,
Would really appreciate a response. I want to video myself playing guitar while at the same time record audio. The audio will be recorded directly into the 001, version 6.1 LE. Or I may record remotely using a stand alone recording device such as the Tascam Pocketstudio 5 which uses a CF card. This can connect to my desktop windows xp via USB and will import into a protools session.
I want to edit unwanted sounds from the audio by seperating regions and deleting unwanted regions. I will use shuffle mode so that the wanted regions will snap together. Can I sync the video to the audio so that when I delete regions the video will also delete its pictures corresponding to the exact time and place of the deleted audio region?
Will a digital camcorder do the job? I don't need the highest quality. I just want to see a clear picture. Can you recommend a camcorder?
What other hardware or software will I need?
What else do I need to know?
Thanks for your help,
grateful
Old 02-28-2004, 06:17 PM

Default Re: video/audio questions

It doesn't work that way. You will have to cut the picture seperately. Just cut the picture in something like Premier. You can then import the movie into protools with the audio from that movie. From there you can do what you want with the audio.

Remember, Pro tools is for audio, not video.

-Dave