How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2014, 08:25 AM

Default Issue with Midi in on Instrument tracks and midi tracks

Hi
I'm using Pro Tools 11 and have an odd issue with the drop down menu for midi in and out instruments. My hardware instruments show as choices as they always have in PT10 and software options when i insert them to instrument tracks but a new -channel-1 has appeared as an in and out even when i have no instrument plug ins inserted.
I think this relates in some way to my recent update to EZ drummer 2 and have contacted them about it. They say while their software may possibly have caused a glitch in PT11 it is still entirely a PT problem and I should contact Avid. The reason i think there could be a link is because when i insert EZ drummer the midi out shows up as EZdrummer-channel-1 which looks incredibly similar. Is there a way to 'cleanse' the midi in and out options to remove this odd non existent midi choice?
. it appears both as a midi in and out option on the drop down, even when i start a completely new project

Thanks in advance

John