Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2010, 03:09 PM

Default file sharing between different consoles

I will have a ongoing situation where we have a D show profile at our main campus and a SC48 at a satellite. We want to be able to do rehearsals and rough sound checks at the main campus and bring that info to the satellite to get sound checks started on a weekly basis. What are the repercussions? Patching mainly im guessing. EQ I can work out as we can start with a preset from the satellite with EQ although it may not sound quite right at the main. Everyone is on in ears 8-10 mixes BTW.

We are working on a plan to patch everything similar. I am fully aware at how the patching works with profile but what happens when you have something patched to IO or IOX or G,H,I,J on stage racks where do they show up on SC48

Also im assuming that the input patch stays 1-1 up to 48 inputs

Also assuming FX return patches stay the same.

And assuming we have the same Plug in bundles will they patch properly?
Old 04-14-2010, 01:02 AM

Default Re: file sharing between different consoles

Hi, there are differences, you have 8fx returns on sc48, you don't have
PQ and you can have max 32 physical outputs. Sc48 comes stock with 16 outs and dshow has only 8 so check that before you go in or you will be having problems doing that many monitor lines. You are also limited to 2 dsp cards total and your max TDM plugin slot number is 20 on sc48. On your sc48 foh section you also have just a pair of analog inputs and outputs and there is no hardware insert option available on sc48. Plugin bundles are also different so check beforehand to be sure you have same plugs available on both systems. Or you can always use your own plugs and have your ilok with you when you change consoles. If I were you i would probably start on sc48 and then move over to dshow to be sure it will open up ok, but as i said there might be less output on dshow so check that.