How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2014, 08:17 PM

Default Pro Tools 11 stuck on "Initializing Audio Engine"

I just did a clean install of Windows 7 64-bit.
I installed it with the latest drivers for my ASUS mobo. I used Windows Update to make sure everything was up to date.

I then installed the drivers for my Presonus Firestudio Project and installed Quicktime and iTunes. Then I installed Pro Tools 11.1.1 using the files I downloaded from their website (and I installed all the codecs and drivers too).

Every time I try start Pro Tools, I get stuck on the "Initializing Audio Engine" part and nothing happens.

I tried uninstalling the drivers for my Presonus and re-installing (because I heard that might work) but it still isn't working.
I also held "N" when I opened Pro Tools and confirmed that it was trying to run it using the Presonus playback engine.

Does anyone know how to fix this?