Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 02-01-2013, 12:13 PM

Unhappy Error Loading controller personality

Hi I just started having this problem which I have reported to AVID and then was passed to Eucon Support (Brian) and of course he was not there so I had to leave a message.
So I thought I would see if anyone else had this issue and knew of the fix
I would attach a jpeg of the error but you cannot do that unless it is on the internet. I sure could use some help if someone know of this and how to fix it that would be great. I have uninstalled the Eucon and reinstalled it many times this morning with no luck If any one knows a fix please let me know
Thanks
Old 02-01-2013, 12:50 PM

Default Error Loading controller personality

You can run into problems if you move the protools icon from the apps folder to for example the desktop, I did that and had to reinstall everything to get to work again.
2xHD madi - 2xHD omni -
Old 02-01-2013, 01:38 PM

Unhappy Re: Error Loading controller personality

I work On a Windows 7 machine so I have no Apps folder
and this started today when I installed the Protools controls for the Automap 4.6 controller software just so I could get Play, stop, record function from the keyboard so I could start and stop and punch in while I am playing VSTi in PT 10 Native I should have never done this cause I had everything working just fine and I don't want to lose my plugins especially the aax ones if I do a new install of Pro Tools 10 I should have cloned the drive before I did this what a stupid mistake it will talk me days to reinstall all of the AAX plugins again and I tried a repair that did not work and I just did another Eucon delete and reinstall which did not work. I have called AVID and they refered me to Eucon support where I just got a place to leave a message. I am leaving town next week and would like to get this resolved before I leave.
Thanks
Old 02-04-2013, 05:26 AM

Default Re: Error Loading controller personality

If you installed the AAX plug-ins separately, then they will not be affected by uninstalling Pro Tools, only the AAX and Digirack plug-ins installed with Pro Tools will be removed, and of course replaced when you reinstall Pro Tools.

You might also want to try trashing the .cfg file for EuControl in case the new controller personality you loaded corrupted a preference:

c:/Users/User Name/AppData/Roaming/Euphonix and delete the following file: EuControl.cfg
Old 02-04-2013, 09:49 AM

Default Re: Error Loading controller personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by don't-be-a-dingbat View Post
If you installed the AAX plug-ins separately, then they will not be affected by uninstalling Pro Tools, only the AAX and Digirack plug-ins installed with Pro Tools will be removed, and of course replaced when you reinstall Pro Tools.

You might also want to try trashing the .cfg file for EuControl in case the new controller personality you loaded corrupted a preference:

c:/Users/User Name/AppData/Roaming/Euphonix and delete the following file: EuControl.cfg
I have resolved this issue I had a back up drive that worked so I cloned it and Problem solved but it is good to know about the .cfg file
Thanks