Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 11-21-2005, 03:55 AM

Default Importing audio from videos...

Is it possible to import audio from videos (mpg or dvd) directly from your computer dvd reader or is it better importing audio from an external dvd player and then enter on the Mbox??
Any suggestion?

Thanks.

Hed

myspace.com/korneliuskeyloid
Old 11-21-2005, 04:25 AM

Default Re: Importing audio from videos...

You can extract the Audio Content from a DVD using QuickTime Pro or other third-party software. Whether the result is better than the analogue output from an external DVD player which is then converted as an input into the MBox is debatable. In both cases there are relative pros and cons in terms of the converted file you eventually have to work with.

In many cases, you can get very good results using Audio Hijack to "record" the audio of your DVD to an AIFF file or similar. Just depends what you want to do with the DVD audio stream....
Old 11-21-2005, 05:41 AM

Quote:
You can extract the Audio Content from a DVD using QuickTime Pro or other third-party software. Whether the result is better than the analogue output from an external DVD player which is then converted as an input into the MBox is debatable. In both cases there are relative pros and cons in terms of the converted file you eventually have to work with.

In many cases, you can get very good results using Audio Hijack to "record" the audio of your DVD to an AIFF file or similar. Just depends what you want to do with the DVD audio stream....
It would be just for sampling purpose, so I need the quality BUT mostly, it's about the message involved...I'd need WAV or AIFF files and I was wondering about how could I get a dvd audio without connecting a dvd player. Actually I have Quicktime 7.0.3, is it good for that?

Thanks!

myspace.com/korneliuskeyloid
Old 11-21-2005, 08:17 AM

hey the other day i recieved 6 quicktime.dv instead of .mov files for incidentals on a movie,
i didn't even noticed 'till i tried to import adio from current movie,
i needed the audio 'cause the director and me had already worked with some
ideas and he edited them where he wanted them,
i got to pull out the sound from the files with QTpro
only used them as a guide so i didn't care about quality but it worked for that