Do you have Revibe in your plugins?
yes in my plug-ins folder
not necessarily in every session where this happens
Old 11-08-2011, 03:15 PM

Default Re: Audio tracks stop playing back/outputs disable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEROPHONICS View Post
Do you have Revibe in your plugins?
Yes, use it all the time. Had not heard that it was problematic.

I did have to update all my McDsp, and pull out all my Sonnox Oxford plugins.

But the audio randomly shutting down on random tracks still happens any time I import audio, OR import a session channel with an audio track via Import Session Data.

Sometimes it even happens when I just import plugins and I/O settings from another session.
Pro Tools 10/11 HD, Mac OS 10.8.2, Mac Pro 2 x 2.4 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon (June 2012) 64 Gig RAM, Avid HDX Card, OMNI HD I/O, 192 HD 16x16, Artist MC Control, Firewire audio drives, Sony Bravia 42" HDMI monitor, Acer 24" monitor
Old 11-09-2011, 03:13 PM

Just bumping this up one more time.

It SEEMS worthy of a response from Digi. It's a fairly big groove buster since you have to restart Pro Tools to fix it.
Pro Tools 10/11 HD, Mac OS 10.8.2, Mac Pro 2 x 2.4 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon (June 2012) 64 Gig RAM, Avid HDX Card, OMNI HD I/O, 192 HD 16x16, Artist MC Control, Firewire audio drives, Sony Bravia 42" HDMI monitor, Acer 24" monitor
Old 11-10-2011, 02:00 AM

I have found Revibe causes intermittent muting of any rtas plugs instantiated after tdm plugs

Mike Aiton BSc (hons)
Audio Consultant, Dubbing Mixer/Sound Designer & Journalist

BAFTA member
IPS member

----------------------------------------------------------------------
www.mikerophonics.com
Old 11-10-2011, 03:15 PM

Post Re: Audio tracks stop playing back/outputs disable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEROPHONICS View Post
I have found Revibe causes intermittent muting of any rtas plugs instantiated after tdm plugs
Good to know, but that's not what's happening here.

This bug will cause random hardware outputs to stop working, even if the channel has no plugins on it at all.

In fact, many times I can import audio and make them new tracks and they won't work, even thought they are just that moment imported as new tracks. You will see meter activity, but there will be no sound. If you click on the output of a track, and just reselect whatever output they are on, the output will refresh and work again.

But the best way, since this will affect any outputs in the session at random, is to close Pro Tools and start again.

Again, seems like a good thread for Digi Tech to respond to....but I'm not objective here!
Old 11-11-2011, 10:40 AM

Today I'm working on a mix, and instantiated an RTAS version of an EQ on a backing vocal track (Waves V4) and after that my kick drum output stopped working. Toggling the assigned output made it work.

Although this seems like a simple workaround, it is not. You find yourself closing Pro Tools and reopening, because you can't trust that some other output has muted, and you don't have time to go thru and check them all. Sure it's obvious when the lead vocal mutes, but sometimes it's not so obvious. So you just have to restart.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:03 PM

RTC,

I can confirm that I'm having a similar problem with PT10HD too.

Although I haven't been doing any importing into sessions yet (sometimes do this a lot, sometimes not for ages), I'm getting the random tracks muting issue after I copy a track. ie, when I'm editing, I'm constantly duplicating tracks with everything in the duplicate window selected except the audio files and playlists. Then at random some or all the other files that are assigned to the same audio bus (sub grouping) will refuse to play. No metering on them. It's like the regions (ok,sorry, clips then ) have been muted, but they're not.

So far I've only observed this on stereo tracks (does the new "interleaved" option have something to do with this?). Haven't managed to make it 100% repeatable yet, but I will investigate further.

MacPro 4.1, OSX 10.6.8, HD3 PCIe, PTHD10, 1 X 192, Sync I/O.

I built this system up from a complete "birthday" (complete wipe and rebuild - combo updater etc...) over last weekend and have done a handful of half days working with it this week. I came straight from 8.1.1 and therefore skipped 9 altogether, so not sure if this is legacy from 9 as possibly indicated by some here.

Cheers all.

Steve Bush
www.music180.com/pros/5887
Old 11-12-2011, 01:00 AM

I get this too. Extremely scary on mix down not to be sure all tracks play back as they should. Less is sometimes more. Not here. It happened just yesterday after I created ten new mono tracks while pt was running. I am on v ten, btw.

This is no small bug. This is cubase vst v 5 (2001) all over again... :-(

Phone +46707773443
Old 11-12-2011, 08:49 AM

Thanks for the responses guys. Good to know it's happening elsewhere. Hopefully it's known about and we'll get some feedback from Digi soon.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcstudio View Post
Thanks for the responses guys. Good to know it's happening elsewhere. Hopefully it's known about and we'll get some feedback from Digi soon.
I had a buddy ask me if I was having this in PT9 a few months back and I hadn't experienced it and I pull tons of session data from all over the place..

I saw it happen on a PTX install for the first time last week (on a session data import...) Said to myself "aahaa ...now I see..."

Ronzie

Home rigs:
Mac pro 5,1 2.66 nehalem quadcore (10.12.2 &10.13.1),24g ram,sonnet firewire 400 card, Samsung ssd 3-1T WD Caviar black (internals), 002r, PT 12.6.1 HD & 12.8.2.106).

Macbook Pro 2.5ghz quad (10.12.2),16g ram, 2 X SSD (internal),PT 12.4 HD