Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2012, 07:52 AM

Default Questions on Revibe, Reverb One, Impact

Now that these are native compatible, I'm looking into buying them.

I could demo them, but I'm waiting to complete my new setup before doing so.

So I had a few questions for those who have used these a lot.

On Revibe, I'm not sure if this is supposed to be an algorithmic reverb, or convolution, or some kind of hybrid between the two. I know it does surround, which is a nice feature, but for music purposes I'm just wondering what category it falls into. Someone in another post mentioned Altiverb as an alternative, which is obviously convolution based. So I'm wondering what makes this different.

As for Reverb One, it appears to be a classic algorithmic reverb.

So I guess the main question on these, is how they would compare to some of the high quality reverb plugins out there such as Lexicon PCM Native, Valhalla Room, etc. Would I want to have these to choose from as well as those, or do these cover a lot of those bases?

As for Impact, it looks to be an emulation of the SSL buss compressor. I know this was out for years before Waves came out with theirs. Is this different enough that I'd want to have this as well as the Waves one?

Thanks.