Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 02-09-2015, 11:28 AM

Default Protools + VEP5 + ProControl

Hi Guys,

Since i've been buzzy to create my first template for orchestral scoring i've read and seen a lot of tutorials how to set it up the best way.
Now my situation is quite difficult i can't really find a right answer for it, so here i ask you guys.

I'm a Protools user with a ProControl as controller board. Since the ProControl only will support up to Protools 10, i'm stuck with a 32 bit DAW. The solution i found therefor is VEP5. This works great, but has one major issue for me. all the things i could do in Protools with my Procontrol, aren't available outside the DAW because the Procontrol is only designed for use with Protools and no MIDI or EUCON etc. So i'm back to the housework again for everything outside the DAW. Now i found a simple solution for it to just use my iPad and Touch OSC with it.

Although i would really like to mix al the instruments like strings etc. outside of VEP5. All my library's are 95% Kontakt 5 library's so i should be able to output al my instruments separately.

The thing is though, i can't get this working well. I can remember there was always a 16out Kontakt5 plug-in but now i only see a stereo or mono plug-in in VEP5 to add. If i add this stereo one i am able to add stereo outputs to Kontakt 5, but if i wan't to set them to the right output in the VEP5 mixer i can't see the right inputs for it.

A second question is: will it be smart to output all instruments separately from Kontakt 5 to Protools, i can imagine this will cause a lot of processing power from my machine.. are there other way's to get the ability to mix with my Procontrol in Protools?

I'll hope you guys can advise me on this one! I'm really new to all the orchestral Programming, so never used this much of horse power i need now.

Thanks a lot though!