Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 12-20-2014, 11:21 AM

Default Re: Where's My Free Pro Tools 11 Upgrade?

Add me to the long list of individuals confused as to where I can find my free PT11 Upgrade. I purchased PT10 with the 4 years of free upgrades on 11/17/11. I dont recall ever receiving an email from AVID with my free upgrade and I've been the AVID site everywhere for more info. Finally I stumbled upon this thread. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you
Old 12-20-2014, 10:17 PM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by embracekos View Post
Add me to the long list of individuals confused as to where I can find my free PT11 Upgrade. I purchased PT10 with the 4 years of free upgrades on 11/17/11. I dont recall ever receiving an email from AVID with my free upgrade and I've been the AVID site everywhere for more info. Finally I stumbled upon this thread. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you
Your registration does not indicate an academic purchase:
Product: LE to Pro Tools 10 Crossgrade
Purchased: Nov 11, 2011

If that is an error, see the first post in this thread:
Where's My Free Pro Tools 11 Upgrade?
Old 12-23-2014, 08:11 AM

Thanks Bruce - it definitely appears to be an error. I purchased via sweetwater and it was definitely an academic purchase. Thankfully I was able to retrieve the invoice which shows it to be the Avid Student Upgrade from PTLE. I've gone ahead and filled out the contact form you linked. Thank you.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:27 PM

I was a student in 2011 and received Pro Tools 9 among other things as part of tuition. I was told at that time that it was the academic version and that it came with 4 years of free upgrades, which is great!

I ended up getting the chance to get a free upgrade to Pro Tools 10 a couple of years ago and just recently started looking 11 so that I could upgrade to Yosemite as well.

When inquiring about an activation code to upgrade this time around, I was informed that I actually have the institutional version, not the academic version and that institutional versions don't get free upgrades.

Is there anything at all that you can do for me regarding this or am I left here misinformed and sad? (ha) Just thought I would make one last ditch effort

Thanks!
Old 01-05-2015, 11:46 PM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Depute View Post
I was a student in 2011 and received Pro Tools 9 among other things as part of tuition. I was told at that time that it was the academic version and that it came with 4 years of free upgrades, which is great!

I ended up getting the chance to get a free upgrade to Pro Tools 10 a couple of years ago and just recently started looking 11 so that I could upgrade to Yosemite as well.

When inquiring about an activation code to upgrade this time around, I was informed that I actually have the institutional version, not the academic version and that institutional versions don't get free upgrades.

Is there anything at all that you can do for me regarding this or am I left here misinformed and sad? (ha) Just thought I would make one last ditch effort

Thanks!
Try to find a receipt from the original purchase, either in your possession or from the academic store that you purchased it from. It is possibly just an error in the original registration card or the version you were sold. Then contact Avid Customer Support, same reply as I gave to the previous poster:

If that is an error, see the first post in this thread:
Where's My Free Pro Tools 11 Upgrade?
Old 01-06-2015, 05:35 AM

Thanks for the reply! I never had a receipt because I received it when I attended SAE with my tuition package. So i technically paid for it but they are the ones who bought it (probably in bulk) I'm guessing they would be the ones to have a receipt. Do I need to maybe contact them?
Old 01-06-2015, 07:42 PM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Depute View Post
Thanks for the reply! I never had a receipt because I received it when I attended SAE with my tuition package. So i technically paid for it but they are the ones who bought it (probably in bulk) I'm guessing they would be the ones to have a receipt. Do I need to maybe contact them?
I checked with the Avid academic sales department and Avid support. In the case of SAE, all of the Pro Tools licenses purchased by SAE were institutional versions of the software, and that upgrades would be the student's responsibility. These were not part of the student academic purchase program where students bought an individual copy of Pro Tools themselves with 4 years of free upgrades.

Because you registered your copy of Pro Tools 9 institutional version in 2011, you would still have been eligible for a free upgrade to Pro Tools 10 based on when you got PT 9 and how close that may have been to the release of Pro Tools 10.
Old 01-19-2015, 03:25 PM

Hi Bruce,

I bought the Education version of Pro Tools 10 and haven't received my upgrade to Pro Tools 11. Meanwhile, I upgraded my Mac and Pro Tools 10 will no longer run on it! I see this forum is kind of old, are you able to let me know what to do? I have to get Pro Tools back up and running.

Thanks!
Old 01-19-2015, 04:58 PM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmichael67 View Post
Hi Bruce,

I bought the Education version of Pro Tools 10 and haven't received my upgrade to Pro Tools 11. Meanwhile, I upgraded my Mac and Pro Tools 10 will no longer run on it! I see this forum is kind of old, are you able to let me know what to do? I have to get Pro Tools back up and running.

Thanks!
Your records indicate that the email was sent to you on July 13th, 2013. Check the Private Message I sent you.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:06 AM

Default PT10 to PT11 Student update: HELP!

Hi, I'm trying to update from PT10 to PT11. I have the student version and I'm still under the 4 year upgrade eligibility umbrella.

I've tried logging into my Avid account, but see nothing helpful. I am being asked for my System ID in my account, but I don't know what that is.

Any help would be appreciated!