How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2017, 07:59 AM

Default Bounce or Print in a Master Session with PT

I usuell master in PT.

I import all mix-tracks onto separate tracks, make the solo-mode button x/or, pu my plugins in the track, and go through every song and compare them...Guess most of you do it something like that. right?

But when we are done, the workflow might be different. I usually mark every song, press solo on that track and bounce it to disc with the correct name and Masterversion. But it takes a while...sometimes i like to prepare the session better, make each track go into another empty audio track and when i am done with master, than i put every empty channel in record mode and print them all at one run through to the session. thats fast. but i have to prepare more and i have to cut the tracks afterwards, since the have all the same length
of the longest take. and after cutting i have to export those regions into stereo files and to rename them eventually...

that takes long too...

other ideas?

better workflow?

best would be an bounce to disc automation....

cheers

Kalony
Old 04-13-2017, 09:21 AM

Default Re: Bounce or Print in a Master Session with PT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalony View Post
that takes long too...
I wonder, if bouncing or printing final masters takes too much of your time...
How much time do you put into the actual mastering work?

I think the most imortant process of the whole music creation, the final print, deserves that you sit in the sweet spot, print or bounce in real time, close your eyes, listen very carefully and make shure it sounds right.
Old 04-13-2017, 02:29 PM

Default Re: Bounce or Print in a Master Session with PT

well, sounds familar...but i changed that workflow because it semms to me that its kinda useless since i am too much used to the sound because of the work before.
i prefer to work on the tracks, to bounce them all, go into my kitchen, get something to drink or to eat and listen there while doing something else. like that i feel closer to the audience wich will listen it later like that. with that tactic i make more changes than back in the days when i was listen to the complete whole tracks in the studio. means that i often go back in the studio and do some changes and bounce it again.

and bouncimg and naming 10-15 tracks can take a while...would be nice to save those 15 minuits since they are not verry creative :)