Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2012, 01:18 AM

Default Finally I have my small working fanless PT computer

I have been bugging this forum couple of years to find a small, cheap, fanless PT friendly computer for very quiet recordings.
My dell mini10 didnt work and I have spent a long time trying to find info on the net, but now I have it and just wanna feedback to this forum a solution that works and also thank the people that have tried to help me over the years here.

I assmebled ASUS E35M1-I DELUXE ( AMD fusion minitix embeded mobo ) in a fanless mini ITX case with a SSD HD... Thats the trick, cheap and redicolous simple assembling.

I recommend to make sure the latest BIOS is in the mobo, that help keeping this tempy mobo reasonable warm.
Its been on 24/7 in my living room for 4 months , so even if a bit hot..ASUS seem to know what they are doing

PT9HD works flawless.
I havent tried PT10HD yet. that will have to wait a couple of months due to some important jobs that I want to finish in 9 now.

The performance of that cpu is still very low compared to the big quad core cpus out there so it is not a computer for mixing..but I have loaded lots of tracks and Waves pluggins, so it seem like it can do much much more then just quiet recording.

So here you go..this one works

Christian