Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 07-05-2010, 05:21 PM

Default 8 LE won't activate

Hi all,

I have PT LE 8 and M-Powered 8 on an 08 iMac. Naturally, the M-Powered uses the iLok. I use the iLok and M-Powered on my MacBook Pro, which is at another location.

Since I don't have the iLok here at the house I opened LE and the program opened fine, I named the session, etc. but I can't click on the tracks and activate the Record function. It doesn't seem like the mouse works on much of anything. It did this once before, only it was just slow but worked. This time it won't activate anything.

I'm just curious if I have both M-Powered and LE on the same machine, would one over-ride the other, causing me to need the iLok? If not, what could be causing the problem here?

Thanks in advance.

JGP
Old 07-05-2010, 08:15 PM

Default Re: 8 LE won't activate

Must be some temporary glitch in the program. The "quit" was grayed ut and I had to do several force quits, re-open, etc. and it finally started working.

But now...Im using an MBox2 and the recording level is WAY too high. I turned down the gain in the window all the way ( - 85?) and turned the control knobs on the MBox2 all the way to 0. It's still peaking so high that the wav form in the edit window is solid from top to bottom.

How do I turn the record level down?

Thanks again.

JustGotPaid