Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 07-17-2019, 08:47 AM

Default Rental options

Hi, I currently am running PT 2019.5 and have a current subscription.

I have a project that has come in that requires 5.1 capabilities as well as video. I am wondering if I can rent Ultimate for a month and this will work on my system, and I won't lose my current working version of Pro Tools?

This session is imminent, so all help welcome!
Old 07-17-2019, 09:54 AM

Default Re: Rental options

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddhartwellmusic View Post
Hi, I currently am running PT 2019.5 and have a current subscription.

I have a project that has come in that requires 5.1 capabilities as well as video. I am wondering if I can rent Ultimate for a month and this will work on my system, and I won't lose my current working version of Pro Tools?
Considering the same thing. My guess is that you can add a rental to your account without touching your vanilla version. We have Ultimate and Vanilla versions on a single account at my day job.

If that doesn't work, you can always create another account (under a new email address) for the rental, thereby leaving your current account untouched.

EDIT:

Looking at it again in my Avid Account page, if you select the Ultimate rental option, you would forfeit your vanilla license. I'd be inclined to create another account.

tg
Mac Studio (2022) M1 MAX / 64GB / 2TB HD / macOS Ventura 13.6.5 / RME BabyFace Pro FS / SSL UF8 + UF1 + UC1 / Roland SYSTEM 8 / Kontrol S61 mk3 / Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 / Nuendo 13 / Reaper 7 / Komplete 14 / Omnisphere / Keyscape / Trilian / V Collection X

Last edited by grayter1; 07-17-2019 at 10:48 AM.
Old 07-17-2019, 12:45 PM

Or demo trial PTUltimate for 30 days free as it is the full working version of HD.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 07-17-2019, 12:51 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Or demo trial PTUltimate for 30 days free as it is the full working version of HD.
Yes! You can register and download here

-Tope
Old 07-17-2019, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Yes! You can register and download here

-Tope
Trying this now. Can I have vanilla and Ultimate installed together on a PC? I know it;s possible on a Mac.

tg
Mac Studio (2022) M1 MAX / 64GB / 2TB HD / macOS Ventura 13.6.5 / RME BabyFace Pro FS / SSL UF8 + UF1 + UC1 / Roland SYSTEM 8 / Kontrol S61 mk3 / Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 / Nuendo 13 / Reaper 7 / Komplete 14 / Omnisphere / Keyscape / Trilian / V Collection X
Old 07-17-2019, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayter1 View Post
Trying this now. Can I have vanilla and Ultimate installed together on a PC? I know it;s possible on a Mac.

tg
They are all the same software. What opens is dependent on what's on your iLok. And it will always open the "highest"type (so Ultimate will open) that is authourized. If you don't want that, you'll need to separate your licenses to two iLoks.

If you plan on trying to install two different versions of Pro Tools because you have Ultimate with an old version license and Vanilla at the latest version license, you can't install both on a Windows computer. Only one version is allowed. On Macs you can have more than one version.
Pro Tools Ult 2024.3.1, HDX 2, MTRX/SPQ, RME BBF Pro + MADIface Pro • S1 x 2, Fire Max11 x 2, Dock, iPad Air5 • Mac Mini 14,12, 12 core, macOS 13.6.6 • RAM 32GB, SSD 4TB, GPU 19 core • QNAP TVS-872XT 148TB TB3
Old 05-17-2021, 11:39 AM

Hello everyone.

I try to find this answer but it seems to be the only post talking about that ??

I'm on Protools 2020, and need to have more voices for 2 months. Since I can't rent a "voice pack" on Protools if it's not an Ultimate or a HD, my only solution seems to rent ProTools Ultimate for 2 months.

BUT, I've just read in this topic that:

"EDIT:

Looking at it again in my Avid Account page, if you select the Ultimate rental option, you would forfeit your vanilla license. I'd be inclined to create another account.

tg"

I should create a second Ilok Account so ?
The problem is that I use others plug ins, and their licences are on my first account.

Someone have an idea to help me with this problem please?
Thank you a lot.

I Use Protools since 10 years now, started on ProTools 7.4. But I'm a bit disapointed of the evolution of the marketing.

Best regards to all of you.