Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2012, 08:08 PM

Default Strange SC48 behavior

I had a strange thing happen tonight. We have a demo SC48 at the moment. A couple of musicians were rehearsing and one of the churches sound guys wanted to see if he could get his Mac Book that has pro tools 9 on it working with the SC48. I have never used pro tools so he was dealing with his computer and I was trying to help the musicians with some of their monitor requests. When all of a sudden I noticed that all of the channel names had changed from the way it was labels to reading the letter “S” and then the channel number. Except for the 3 channels I had just patched with the protocols as inputs and they read (I think it was) FWx-1 etc. This was only happening on the input channels on the surface, the video monitor still was reading the names correctly and it didn’t affect any of the outputs. It was interesting to see how much I rely on the channel labels to know what is on each input.

I tried recalling the scene I was in that had all selected and the names didn’t revert back. I then went to history and loaded a show file from before this happened and it still didn’t revert back to how it should have been. All this time the live sound continued to work thru the console. So I decided to hit the 2-reset buttons. It went thru the reset while still passing audio and allowing me to mix. This whole thing has me puzzled but it was nice to see how it wouldn’t have interrupted the show. When it reset all the names came back as they were supposed to be. But I am really puzzled as to exactly what caused it to go bad.

Now pro tools working on the SC48 is another whole discussion that I will ask about soon. But please not in this tread unless it is the answer to this problem.