Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 02-19-2007, 06:25 PM

Default Re: Some things I\'d like to see in PT 8 HD (or 7.5

A "Combination" plugin, much like Reason's Combinator or Waves GTR stomp, where you can load a series of plugins within the Combination plugin, control parameters with macros, and recall these complex effects combinations from the presets menu.

For example, within the Combination plugin you could load a Xpand synth sound, a cool delay with Echo Farm, and an SSL channel strip to pump up the sound. Then you could create a macro that would control multiple parameters at once. Taking it even further, you could then create a Hyrbid plugin with a nice Revibe preset in the same Combination setup, and control it all from within 1 interface. Once you have your perfect sound out of 5-7 plugins, you can save it as a preset and then when that preset is recalled, all these plugins with their setting will load at once. And it would only take 1 insert!

That would be so cool.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:38 PM

With midi, in velocity mode, being able to select midi velocities, NOT the notes themselves, and to edit these selections is my foremost request. If there's a way to do that now, then I've been missing this feature. It's so frustrating to see the hardest or softest hit velocities and not being able to select all of them as a group and just drag them (more than one at a time). The only way i could do this now is to audition the notes one by one until the target note is found! I know that one can select velocity ranges and filter them but why not have this feature so the edits could be done at the spot, without specifying them via the velocity filter... Please?
Blackmagic Multidock, SSDs
iMac Pro
64 GB ram
OS X Mojave
Somehow, musicians are now technicians!
Old 02-19-2007, 07:52 PM

I had a thought today about how nice it might be to have a customizable right click menu. Or better yet, programmable macros, (like a fairlight).
PT 11 HDN
Omni
Old 02-19-2007, 08:23 PM

midi comparable to DP or Logic circa 1999. (just kidding.....sort of.)

I hear digi has a couple of previous motu guys working on the midi end of things....I do hope it's true and that we'll see some big improvements soon.
http://www.fishertheband.com
Mac Pro (Late 2013) 3.5 GHz 6-core Intel Xeon E5 - 32 GB Ram / 1TB Flash Storage - Avid HD I/O - Latest Mac OS - HDX3 - Latest PT Version.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:36 PM

Default Re: Some things I\'d like to see in PT 8 HD (or 7.5!)

What I'd like soon is:

-) No more screen freezes. It makes working with MIDI unpredictable.

That's it. I'm happy with the features in 7.3, but I'd like to see Pro Tools stable and hassle free.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:42 PM

[It's so frustrating to see the hardest or softest hit velocities and not being able to select all of them as a group and just drag them (more than one at a time). The only way i could do this now is to audition the notes one by one until the target note is found! I know that one can select velocity ranges and filter them but why not have this feature so the edits could be done at the spot, without specifying them via the velocity filter... Please?

[/QUOTE]

i second this one...velocity editing could be vastly improved...would also be great to hear the note change as you move the velocity up and down. Good to hear that Digi may have some help from old MOTU folks...I'd love to see more MIDI processing like the retrograde and reverse functions in DP also. i think velocity editing in Logic and Cubase is far superior to DP though.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:41 PM

Quote:
While were at it. How about a option for real time or faster then realtime bounce?
On most of the non-realtime bounces I´ve received from composers so far I had to spend hours pecil-tooling out digital clicks and glitches. I hope this is never going to become reality in PT. Last minute deliveries, through everything to the poor music-editor and have him edit all ther clicks away. No thanks. I now budget an extra day for click-removal of logic-bounces.
Great time-saver isn´t it?

frank.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:03 PM

Default Re: Some things I\'d like to see in PT 8 HD (or 7.5!)

Need Digi to fix this bug before 7.5 or 8. Pls

MIDI Notes error when play in between pre-roll before the punch-in point

http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.p...v=#Post1109930
Old 02-19-2007, 11:27 PM

Quote:
How about a "plug in 'well' window" (maybe Command 6 on Numeric Keypad?) that could hold your favorite 25 plugs or some such (5 x 5), that you could then drag plugs onto the channels you want and it would be mono it you "left click dragged" and stereo if you "right click dragged."

Or perhaps it would be a 'modifier drag' if this conflicts too much with contextual menus.

I currently do this by having 5 inactive channels with my favorite plugs, but as I run out of DSP, it is sometimes too much to make a track active to option drag the plugs.

Just a thought. No, I have made a feature request. Should I?

Am I just lazy? Should I work harder on my templates and "import session data" resources. Thoughts?

Okay try this.

Hold down the command key and go to your pulldown plugin menu.
Select any plugin. That plugin should now show up and the bottom of your plugin menu.
The same thing should work for Audio suite as well!
Thanks to Gil Gowing for passing that one along.

My New Instructional Mixing DVD 2 is Shipping
www.tonysound.com
http://twitter.com/tonysound
Old 02-20-2007, 02:19 AM

Quote:
How about a "plug in 'well' window" (maybe Command 6 on Numeric Keypad?) that could hold your favorite 25 plugs or some such (5 x 5), that you could then drag plugs onto the channels you want and it would be mono it you "left click dragged" and stereo if you "right click dragged."

Correct me if I misunderstood you, but for all I know, they´ve done that in 7.3.
In workspace you can now build your own catalog(s) with favourite settings of all your plugins and then
do just that: drag the plug in onto the insert selector.
To access my "Insert" catalog quickly, I made a window configuration for it.

Martin

http://www.pelhamundhaas.de/index2.html
http://www.pelhamundhaas.de/vita.html
www.3-p.de
www.imglashaus.de