Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2016, 08:18 PM

Default Do I Still Own old 3rd Party Plugins?

I recently bought a new 6-core Mac Pro running El Capitan. I installed Pro Tools 12.4 and it's running great. I have a question: Do I still own the Joemeek Meequalizer plugin and Moogerfooger Analog Delay plugins that came with previous versions of Pro Tools that I was running? I don't see it as a download in the My Products section of my Avid Account for Pro Tools 12.4 or anywhere else. Let me know if there is any way to get new versions of those to run on my new system. Thanks!
Old 03-11-2016, 11:22 PM

Default Re: Do I Still Own old 3rd Party Plugins?

Whether or not you still own those plugins depends on whether or not you have the appropriate iLok licenses on your iLok.

If you do, then yes, you still own them.

Here are the installers you need:

Joemeek:
https://www.avid.com/US/products/JOEMEEK-Bundle

Moog:
https://www.avid.com/US/products/Moogerfooger-Bundle
Old 03-12-2016, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack s. View Post
I recently bought a new 6-core Mac Pro running El Capitan. I installed Pro Tools 12.4 and it's running great. I have a question: Do I still own the Joemeek Meequalizer plugin and Moogerfooger Analog Delay plugins that came with previous versions of Pro Tools that I was running? I don't see it as a download in the My Products section of my Avid Account for Pro Tools 12.4 or anywhere else. Let me know if there is any way to get new versions of those to run on my new system. Thanks!
Unfortunately Avid Accounts haven't been set up to provide download links for everything you own in the way of Avid plugins, especially those that you may have got via the 'Producer Factory' type bundles, or Music/Complete Production Toolkit.

There isn't any reliable notification of when updates are released for these plugins either.

I just go to www.avid.com/plugins every month or so, and filter the list by the typing in Avid. Then I manually go into the page for each of the plugins I own, and check for updates. OCCASIONALLY, there'll be a new version installer available, just wanting to be downloaded.

Avid's App Manager does not seem intelligent enough, at all. It does 'find' the Avid plugins you have installed, but doesn't inform you when updates are available for them.

There are many app and plugin manufacturers who have my contact details as a rebistered user, but who haven't acquired the knack of letting me know when they make a new version available.

I rely on two ways of keeping up to date ...
1) I have a list of sites that I trawl through on the first Monday of every month to manually check for available updates, and
2) I registered (years ago now) at www.kvraudio.com and signed up to receive their weekly newsletter (an email) which lists new releases, updates etc to apps, plugins, sample libraries and more. It's an invaluable resource, takes only a few seconds to scan through looking for anything relevant, and provides links too.
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)
Old 03-14-2016, 04:47 PM

Ok thanks guys. I'll check out the links. Hopefully they will work with PT 12.4.
Old 03-15-2016, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guatamas View Post
Whether or not you still own those plugins depends on whether or not you have the appropriate iLok licenses on your iLok.

If you do, then yes, you still own them.

Here are the installers you need:

Joemeek:
https://www.avid.com/US/products/JOEMEEK-Bundle

Moog:
https://www.avid.com/US/products/Moogerfooger-Bundle
It is worth saying that I have the licenses on my version 1 Ilok. I'm assuming that I can transfer them to my new one though.
Old 03-15-2016, 12:39 PM

Quote:
It is worth saying that I have the licenses on my version 1 Ilok. I'm assuming that I can transfer them to my new one though.
Yes, as long as your new iLok key is on the same account. Just plug both of them into your computer, fire up the iLok License Manager and drag your old licenses to your new iLok.

If the iLoks are on different accounts, then you will have to do a transfer through iLok which costs $25 per plugin, iirc.

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre+HD32R / Clarett 4Pre
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One
Old 03-15-2016, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelpry View Post
Unfortunately Avid Accounts haven't been set up to provide download links for everything you own in the way of Avid plugins, especially those that you may have got via the 'Producer Factory' type bundles, or Music/Complete Production Toolkit.

There isn't any reliable notification of when updates are released for these plugins either.

I just go to www.avid.com/plugins every month or so, and filter the list by the typing in Avid. Then I manually go into the page for each of the plugins I own, and check for updates. OCCASIONALLY, there'll be a new version installer available, just wanting to be downloaded.

Avid's App Manager does not seem intelligent enough, at all. It does 'find' the Avid plugins you have installed, but doesn't inform you when updates are available for them.

There are many app and plugin manufacturers who have my contact details as a rebistered user, but who haven't acquired the knack of letting me know when they make a new version available.

1) I have a list of sites that I trawl through on the first Monday of every month to manually check for available updates, and
2) I registered (years ago now) at www.kvraudio.com and signed up to receive their weekly newsletter (an email) which lists new releases, updates etc to apps, plugins, sample libraries and more. It's an invaluable resource, takes only a few seconds to scan through looking for anything relevant, and provides links too.
I would be running AAX 64 bit native on my system correct? There are several different versions of AAX 64 bit and I'm not 100% sure which one to use.
Old 03-15-2016, 12:54 PM

Quote:
I would be running AAX 64 bit native on my system correct? There are several different versions of AAX 64 bit and I'm not 100% sure which one to use.
PT11 and 12 are AAX64 only. PT10 supported AAX32 along with TDM and RTAS, serving as a bridge.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 03-15-2016, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelpry View Post

Wait, I just selected 10.11.x on the filter of the avid plugin compatibility page and only ONE plugin is compatible with OS 10.11.x, which is what I am running on my new Mac Pro. Is that right? It is only one plugin made by Nugen that I don't own. What is the likelihood that plugins from 10.10.x will run on my OS? That really sucks if I can't run any of the Joemeek or Moogerfooger plugs.
Old 03-16-2016, 06:03 PM

I just wanted to say thanks for this. I like some people f the old plugs and don't know how to fing them on Avids site. It's frustrating rating to own a license and not know if it works anymore. Like the Bomb factory stuff.

Antelope Zen
Creation Station