Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Pro Tools | S6

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 11-27-2014, 08:05 AM
Tom Graham's Avatar
Tom Graham Tom Graham is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Apr 1995
Location: Pasadena,CA
Posts: 412
Default Re: v1.3 IS OUT - Check your Account Page!

Full list of features here:

http://www.avidblogs.com/pro-tools-s...now-available/
__________________
Tom Graham
Avid Audio Marketing
Pro Audio and Mixing

tom.graham@avid.com

Check out our Pro Mixing Webinars :
http://www.avid.com/US/resources/pro-mixing-webinars

Avid Pro Mixing Blog:
http://www.avidblogs.com/promixing/
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-27-2014, 01:28 PM
rus5 rus5 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Arizona
Posts: 263
Default Re: v1.3 IS OUT - Check your Account Page!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Graham View Post
Ok, is it just me or does it seem like that's not very much for the months and months and months we've been waiting for v1.3?? I'm still having continuous problems with my XMON, I still have random network connectivity issues, and lots of things are still not implemented? They didn't say it explicitly but I think Avid gave a strong impression a bit more than a year ago in their kick off presentations that a LOT of functionality would be added in "the next release" (which would have been v1.1) which would "be out around Christmas time" and here a year later than that ...
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-27-2014, 01:51 PM
priorytools priorytools is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 1,103
Default Re: v1.3 IS OUT - Check your Account Page!

Looking at the "newly implemented features" in 1.3 I get the impression that feature implementation seems to be somewhat haphazard. There are several new soft key features that double up on what can already be done on the touch screen. Whilst a lot of essential features, ( flip to faders, assigning sends & plug ins on channel strips to name but a couple) remain absent.

Hhhhhmmm
__________________
~ Trashcan Mac Pro late 2013 - 64 GB RAM - 10.11.6 / Pro Tools HD 12.6.1 / HDX 2 + UAD2 PCIe OCTO in Magma Expressbox 3T / HD I/O's x 4 + 1 x 96io / Avid S6 M10-24-5 V3.6 ~
~ MBP 15" 2.8 Intel Core i7 -10.12.5 /Apollo 16 / Steinberg U22 / Artist MIx / Pro Tools HD 12.6.1 - UAD2 V8 / UAD2 Satellite DUO ~
~ Mac Pro 8 core - clover - 13 GB ram - 10.6.8 / HD5 / Pro Tools 9.0.6 / HEAT / Magma PE6R4 / ProControl 24 faders / UAD2 QUAD PCIe ~ ARCHIVE RIG
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-28-2014, 10:07 AM
smurfyou smurfyou is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 386
Default Re: v1.3 IS OUT - Check your Account Page!

I don't own one personally but I'm a little flabbergasted with the amount of features still not implemented. Simple things like Flip which have been available on every PT controller and Eucon as well.

It just seems strange for a flagship product.
__________________
~Will
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-01-2014, 05:39 AM
tamasdragon tamasdragon is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hungary
Posts: 2,190
Default Re: v1.3 IS OUT - Check your Account Page!

I agree it's a bit strange that many things still missing but I've been using the S6 for a few weeks now, I must say I really love it. Even more than the Icon.
If Avid will update its software, make it more feature rich and stable, it can easily become the real king of control surfaces in my opinion.
__________________
my blog:Tamas Dragon
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-01-2014, 05:43 AM
Drew Mazurek's Avatar
Drew Mazurek Drew Mazurek is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 11,520
Default Re: v1.3 IS OUT - Check your Account Page!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamasdragon View Post
it can easily become the real king of control surfaces in my opinion.
What exactly is its competition?
__________________
www.drewmazurek.com

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-02-2014, 01:21 AM
tamasdragon tamasdragon is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hungary
Posts: 2,190
Default Re: v1.3 IS OUT - Check your Account Page!

Well, of course right now I compare it to the Icon series, but the direct competition is Nuage by Yamaha-Steinberg. Although in my opinion it is not in the same ballpark, still as far as I know, Steinberg would like the post industry to buy their surface. Before our S6 purchase we got many offers from them...
__________________
my blog:Tamas Dragon
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-02-2014, 04:02 AM
Drew Mazurek's Avatar
Drew Mazurek Drew Mazurek is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 11,520
Default Re: v1.3 IS OUT - Check your Account Page!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamasdragon View Post
Well, of course right now I compare it to the Icon series, but the direct competition is Nuage by Yamaha-Steinberg. Although in my opinion it is not in the same ballpark, still as far as I know, Steinberg would like the post industry to buy their surface. Before our S6 purchase we got many offers from them...
Cool, just curious if there was something out there I didn't know about. Seems it's the app and the desk as one now!
__________________
www.drewmazurek.com

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-17-2014, 07:40 AM
EddieJones's Avatar
EddieJones EddieJones is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Santa Cruz
Posts: 1,942
Default Re: v1.3 IS OUT - Check your Account Page!

I want to reply to some of the questions and comments from this particular thread. Come January 2015 we will have done six software releases since first showing S6 at IBC in September 2013.

1.1 December 2013
1.1.1 April 2014
1.1.2 May 2014
1.2 June 2014
1.3 November 2014
1.4 January 2014 (In Beta soon)
Some v1.4 Highlights
Auto Talkback
Automation Meters
Home Screen paging
EQ and Dyn Expand knob layout
Many additional navigation and workflow preferences

Three of these releases have major feature additions. I can assure you that the people working on S6 do it for the love of audio and mixing and want it to be the best it can be, however they are limits and compromises as to how much and how fast we can fix bugs and add features. Also not every feature has the same priority in each person’s mind, for example automation delta and trim meters were asked for more than flip so were prioritized higher.

As the Product Designer for S6 and System 5 I do look at several forums, our beta sites and process individual feedback from customers. All of this is information is being used as a guide for planning the roadmap along with feedback from Sales and Product Specialists.

I myself have worked over 20 years in Music, Film and TV post so understand the concerns when things don't quite work as they should or as more functionality is desired. The S6 is a big step forward in Pro Mixing’s evolution and will become even more powerful as we continue adding new features over the coming releases in 2015.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-17-2014, 02:44 PM
Stereo Missile Stereo Missile is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 490
Default Re: v1.3 IS OUT - Check your Account Page!

Thanks for chiming in Eddie!

Loving the S6 so far and 1.3 has been a big improvement on 1.2 for me. Just wondering if there is any chance of getting fader flip into 1.4? This seems to be a pretty basic feature I would have thought as it's available on all of the lesser control surfaces, and fine automating plugins purely from the knobs can lack a bit of accuracy at times.

Also I'm curious as to what you mean by "Home Screen Paging" - does that mean for example being able to reach further parameters from the EQ and DYN pages on the touchscreen? That is a bit of a limitation at the moment, for example if you want to reach filters or further bands on the EQ you have to manually put them on the knobs and lock them, then return to the EQ screen. (I'm sure you guys know all this already!)

Great to see you are doing EQ and DYN expand knob layout, that will be awesome for standardising the setup across a range of different plugins from different manufacturers. I'm hoping that the map settings etc will be able to be set up on a global basis not just per session?

Keep up the great work!

Cheers,

Steve :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
I want to reply to some of the questions and comments from this particular thread. Come January 2015 we will have done six software releases since first showing S6 at IBC in September 2013.

1.1 December 2013
1.1.1 April 2014
1.1.2 May 2014
1.2 June 2014
1.3 November 2014
1.4 January 2014 (In Beta soon)
Some v1.4 Highlights
Auto Talkback
Automation Meters
Home Screen paging
EQ and Dyn Expand knob layout
Many additional navigation and workflow preferences

Three of these releases have major feature additions. I can assure you that the people working on S6 do it for the love of audio and mixing and want it to be the best it can be, however they are limits and compromises as to how much and how fast we can fix bugs and add features. Also not every feature has the same priority in each person’s mind, for example automation delta and trim meters were asked for more than flip so were prioritized higher.

As the Product Designer for S6 and System 5 I do look at several forums, our beta sites and process individual feedback from customers. All of this is information is being used as a guide for planning the roadmap along with feedback from Sales and Product Specialists.

I myself have worked over 20 years in Music, Film and TV post so understand the concerns when things don't quite work as they should or as more functionality is desired. The S6 is a big step forward in Pro Mixing’s evolution and will become even more powerful as we continue adding new features over the coming releases in 2015.
__________________
Steve Peach
Stereo Missile Recordings

Creative Director - Red Note Visionary Sounds: http://rednote.com.au
Label: http://www.stereomissile.com/
Music Production / Mixing: http://www.stereomissile.com/musicproducer/
Mastering: http://www.stereomissile.com/mastering/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Check out my Web site Music Page Jose A Lugo 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) 2 07-20-2004 10:32 AM
Check out the Digi home page dkrz 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) 29 09-06-2003 08:37 AM
PT6 here! …sort of. Check out Digidesign home page. dkrz 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) 38 02-06-2003 09:27 AM
Soundclick Page/Posts Check it Out!!! Punx 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) 5 11-08-2002 09:41 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:39 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com