How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2018, 11:29 PM

Default Could not complete the Import Audio

Dear Community,
suddenly this message occurs if I try to import audio in PT11.3.2.1 / OS 10.12.6
Any help? What can I do?

Could not complete the Import Audio command because Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/153787/ProTools/NewFileLibs/Cfd/MacBuild/../MacOS/Cfd_ImportAudioDialogMacOS.mm", line 559.
Old 12-04-2018, 04:40 AM

Default Re: Could not complete the Import Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomas_weber View Post
Dear Community,
suddenly this message occurs if I try to import audio in PT11.3.2.1 / OS 10.12.6
Any help? What can I do?

Could not complete the Import Audio command because Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/153787/ProTools/NewFileLibs/Cfd/MacBuild/../MacOS/Cfd_ImportAudioDialogMacOS.mm", line 559.
This is a known issue of using PT11.3.2 in Sierra. You can import audio but have to do it as drag and drop; the Import menu item won't work right. It's been discussed several times here and I have first hand knowledge of it because I am doing the same thing as you. And that's because several plugins that I use require El Crapitan or higher to run and EC is the worst OSX ever foisted upon the mac community.

I don't know if this is the only issue with running PT11.3.2 in OSX 10.12.6 or are there others but it's not a show-stopper at least for me.

QAPLA!
Old 12-04-2018, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
This is a known issue of using PT11.3.2 in Sierra. You can import audio but have to do it as drag and drop; the Import menu item won't work right. It's been discussed several times here and I have first hand knowledge of it because I am doing the same thing as you. And that's because several plugins that I use require El Crapitan or higher to run and EC is the worst OSX ever foisted upon the mac community.

I don't know if this is the only issue with running PT11.3.2 in OSX 10.12.6 or are there others but it's not a show-stopper at least for me.
Thnx for your answer, this helps a lot. I will try it as you said.
Cheers Tom
Old 12-04-2018, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomas_weber View Post
Thnx for your answer, this helps a lot. I will try it as you said.
Cheers Tom
Let me know how it works for you.
I've Googled for a list of incompatibilities running PT11.3.2 in Sierra but haven't found anything other than this particular thing. If you have any other problems with the PT/OSX combo I'd like to know what they are and maybe I can test here. I am running regular PT and not HD.

QAPLA!