Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 01:58 PM

Default Re: In Response to Pro Tools HD 10 Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draulym View Post
I'd be a whole lot easier if it did it without having to loop - would make my life a whole lot easier!!
Actually I do not see much reason to create new playlist automatically when I am not loop-recording... I usually want to have last recorded take at the tip of my finger to listen instantly...
Old 11-13-2011, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacey View Post
Actually I do not see much reason to create new playlist automatically when I am not loop-recording... I usually want to have last recorded take at the tip of my finger to listen instantly...
That's how other DAWs do it (well, the ones I use anyhow) - the latest take is automatically the default playback (hint hint Avid )
Old 11-13-2011, 10:41 PM

If the [promised] demo went live now it would be great, since I already paid for the service contract to get PTHD 10. Avid has my money, but--unless the demo ever becomes available--I'll have to wait for 2 weeks to get to use what I paid for. I guess that's life in a putty knife factory (old saying).
Old 11-14-2011, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maarvold View Post
If the [promised] demo went live now it would be great, since I already paid for the service contract to get PTHD 10. Avid has my money, but--unless the demo ever becomes available--I'll have to wait for 2 weeks to get to use what I paid for. I guess that's life in a putty knife factory (old saying).
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=311842
Old 11-16-2011, 06:56 AM

I've got a bigger problem.
Great I update to PTHD 10 and buy into the service plan.
Then when the new version of PT comes out my Control 24 won't work, my 96 I/O won't work , my SYNC I/O won't work and my MIDI I/O won't work.

Anybody doing the MATH.

I'm screwed.

Mitch
Old 11-16-2011, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusoPro View Post
Then when the new version of PT comes out my Control 24 won't work, my 96 I/O won't work , my SYNC I/O won't work and my MIDI I/O won't work.

Anybody doing the MATH.

I'm screwed.

Mitch
is that 100 percent confirmed ? I know they will be unsupported but "won´t work" is another meaning.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:55 PM

This is what I understood. What really upsets me is that except for the 96 I/O none of the other gear processes audio. It's just a matter of a firmware update.

M.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusoPro View Post

Anybody doing the MATH.

I'm screwed.

Mitch
I'm in the exact same boat, so I won't spend any more money on anything AVID after pt10.
I'm only upgrading to 10 (well,at least I'm trying to, pretty much impossible to get that support plan in Germany) cause 9 is buggy as hell and it's embarrassing for me if the clients see how badly my 30000€ system works compared to my old 500€ cubase rig.
I just hope 10 will be stable, I'll stay on that as long as possible and when the time comes to get something new it won't be an AVID product anymore...I've learned from this and am not longer supporting this company.
(if a company that cares for their customers buys pro tools off of AVID I'll give it another chance of course).

That's really the only thing you can do, right? Work with the rig you have now and when the time to upgrade comes don't spend your money on this company again...they'll do it to you again, latest when apple drops the support for pcie you'll be screwed again.
And they won't care
Old 11-17-2011, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSD-Studio View Post
I'm in the exact same boat, so I won't spend any more money on anything AVID after pt10.
I'm only upgrading to 10 (well,at least I'm trying to, pretty much impossible to get that support plan in Germany) cause 9 is buggy as hell and it's embarrassing for me if the clients see how badly my 30000€ system works compared to my old 500€ cubase rig.
I just hope 10 will be stable, I'll stay on that as long as possible and when the time comes to get something new it won't be an AVID product anymore...I've learned from this and am not longer supporting this company.
(if a company that cares for their customers buys pro tools off of AVID I'll give it another chance of course).

That's really the only thing you can do, right? Work with the rig you have now and when the time to upgrade comes don't spend your money on this company again...they'll do it to you again, latest when apple drops the support for pcie you'll be screwed again.
And they won't care
You do realize that even when pt 11 comes out, Avid will support (repairs and debug) you legacy equipment for 3 years after 11 is out? So that gives you 4 years to actually start the process of updating if you so chooses it.

Sure people can go out right away and jump on pt 11, without thinking of what they are using now and oops my stuff doesn't work, get in an uprage again when they could have simply prepared a bit before doing the jump.. Or they can stay a bit longer on pt 10 or pt 9, use reaper or VEPro to by pass the memory limitation, and save up to upgrade their gear during those next 4 years, it being avid gear or not. Avid just didn't drop the ball right away, they do give some leeway so people can adjust. Which would not be the case if PT 10 was 64 bit instead of PT 11.

Just to give it an example.

An hdx+HD I/O 16x16 system is roughly 14998 ( if you don't use the upgrade path) and some dust tax in (well my taxes which is roughly 15%) if someone were to save for four years and use reaper or VEpro to by pass the memory limitation in pt10 or pt 9 that would come up to 313 per month. For some that might not be doable, for others that's more than doable.

So it's not like Avid is holding a gau-17/a Gatling gun to your head forcing you to move to pt 11 the day it comes out or even has put anything in their software/hardware that will make them stop working with the other versions of pt, once PT 11 is out.

Wave-T.com
Old 11-17-2011, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Lie View Post
I dropped Logic for two simple reasons.

1) I want whatever object I select to become the timeline selection automatically.

C
Assign a key command to "toggle auto set locators"

This will do what you ask for (if I understand your wish correctly)

when active, selection of a (or many) region sets locator range to its boundaries.

cheers
Closed Thread