Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2004, 08:28 AM

Default Cant hear my audio in Audtion and Preview mode

Hello all! Im running 6.4 HD3 in XP. I've lost the ability to hear audio in all ares were i can audition audio..BIN audio import...workspace...and the preview button in the audio suite. I can hear audio in my timeline and all my routing and busing is right as well as the routing of the audtion in the I/O setups. The last thing I just tried is trashing all my prefs, restarting and relaunching protools. But that didn't work. Anyone run to this or have any suggestions?

b
Old 11-08-2004, 06:09 AM

Default Re: Cant hear my audio in Audtion and Preview mode

Hi Kiddsound,

You guy at henningers seem to have a heap of trouble from your Protools systems. I have spoken to several folks there over the last few years who have had crazy problems. First off what version of PT's are you running and on what platform and what OS? There is most likely a corruped file but without this info I can't begin to answer this question. I was told you run Mac's over there but you are on the Windows Board. In windows there are a number of issues in XP that could cause the problem such as cards that are in slots that conflict with other IRQ's You could also have internal firewire that is in conflict with a card. You may just want to run nortons if you have it. Since most audio and Video is controlled by the computers DX systems you could start there. If your on a Mac and on OS 9 try the sound module control pannel. As you can see without further information I can't tell you where to try with any degree of certainty.

I'll look for your reply

Sincerely

Neil Samuels
[email protected]
Old 11-08-2004, 08:41 AM

Default Re: Cant hear my audio in Audtion and Preview mode *DELETED* *DELETED*

Post deleted by 1150Post
Washington, DC 20036
Old 11-09-2004, 07:40 AM

Hi Brad,

No offense taken. I spoke with somone there who had an issue when he stopped he would get a dialogue box asking him about deleting something. Then I spoke with someone else about files that didn't seem to appear in the proper folder. And yes you and I spoke about some freelance there at the onset of the current war but I have been very busy since then as I'm sure you have been. I only tryed to help but was surprised that Kidd was on a PC and thought perhaps he had posted on the wrong forum as I have heard from a number of folks you guys are primarily Mac. I have been using Protools since it was a fourtrack editor back in the early 90's and I have seen alot. As you stated an installation that is not all it should be can cause major headaches. I do several humdred of these a year and sometimes it's just 0perator error, but if things aren't tweeked or installed properly, major headaches can ensue. about a month ago I had a client that wanted the software to do something that it didn't do on the MIDI side, and no amount of explaining would satisfy his frustration. So I too see the gamut. I'm sure one of these days we'll meet and have a better understanding of one another. till then, good talking with you again.

Neil Samuels

N-G-NEER
Old 11-09-2004, 01:10 PM

Neil,

Thanks for your understanding. We take it very seriously when other operators "in town" are critical of us (Not saying that it was your intention to be). We appreciate your knowledge, and patience, in helping.

Brad McIlvaine
Sr. Mixer/Designer
Henninger Media Services
Washington, DC 20036
Washington, DC 20036
Old 11-09-2004, 02:02 PM

Hi Brad,

Not a problem, I wasn't meaning to be critical of your operationat all. Most of us out here consider your place as a most desirable place to work. I myself with all the experience and background I have, am Stuck working, for the time being at least in what could only be described as, shall we say an undesirable place to work. While I try to get a handle on what options might be open to me I continue to work. This place is as uncreative as it gets, and micromanaged down to the paper-clips. But it's just a matter of time before I can find what I am hoping for. Again Brad thanks, good luck and of course if I can ever be of help please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,

Neil Samuels
N-G-NEER
Old 11-10-2004, 06:29 AM

Default Re: Cant hear my audio in Audtion and Preview mod

Problem fixed! I have no idea how thought. its just working. maybe the PC fairy came by and waved her wonde.....(ie don crawford must have walked past it)
Old 11-10-2004, 09:39 AM

Default Re: Cant hear my audio in Audtion and Preview mod

Nope I lied! Just lost it again. I even tried a uninstall and reinstall and nothing.