Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2000, 09:34 AM

Default Keyspan Serial Adapter or Keyspan Twin Serial...

Hi !

In the compatibility list, Digidesign talks about the Keyspan USB Serial Adapter (driver 1.7.2 or higher) with the use of Machine Control and G4.

What I received when purchased it is a Keyspan USB Twin Serial Adapter (driver 1.2).

In the web site of Keyspan, in the Products section there's only the Twin Serial Adapter mentioned, not the other one. In the Download section, both the Serial Adapter and the Twin... are mentioned.

The driver(1.8) of the Serial Adapter doesn't work with the Twin Serial Adapter. I tried it on a G4(AGP).

The Twin Serial Adapter (with 1.2 driver) is very unstable. I have to un-plug the Keyspan and re-plug it very often when ProTools says that I lost communication with the serial machine.

I need to know what is wrong. Is it that I don't have the right Adapter (Twin Serial Adapter no supported) ? Is it that I don't have the right driver for a G4(AGP) and OS 9.0.2 ? Is the second port of the adapter more stable then the emulated printer port ?
Keyspan discontinued the Serial Adapter, replace it with the Twin.. and didn't notice Digidesign ?

Tell me please

J.S.