Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2008, 09:50 PM

Default PT 7.4.2 install error on OS 10.5.5

Hi

I hope somebody can help me with this problem...

In short, I am getting the following error when installing PT 7.4.2:

Screenshot - "Install Failed"

In long.... I have just bought a black MacBook to replace my aging iBook G4. To install PT onto my new machine, I downloaded the 7.4.2 installer from digidesign.com. The only things I did to my computer before running the installer were transfer my docs and MP3s from my old iBook via target disk mode, and then run the apple software update. I wonder if this was my problem because 10.5.5 isn't officially supported yet, but on this DUC thread there would appear to not be any major problems.

Despite this install error, I can still open the pro tools program, but cannot open any of my sessions on my external HD (which all still open just fine on my iBook G4 running PT 7.4 and OS 10.4.11) with an "unsupported playback volume" error. Not only that, but this is the strangest part - when I try to open the workspace window to look at the drive permissions, no drives are listed at all; meanwhile, in the processes window there is a stalled task, saying that it cannot get hard drive information.

At this point, my plan is to backup and reformat my external HD, and just hope the problem goes away, but I am still perturbed by the apparent installation error.

Does anybody have any insight/ideas/experience relating to this problem?

Thank you so much!
Old 10-28-2008, 12:55 AM
Administrator

Default Re: PT 7.4.2 install error on OS 10.5.5

Try installing using the suggestion here from Slim Shady:
Protools LE Error on install (7.4.2 on 10.5.5)
http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=229574

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
If repairing permissions doesn't fix it, I believe the answer is to run the installer again, but un-check the Digirack plug-ins option when you're given the screen where you choose what to install. It should be able to finish the install that way, then you go back and run the installer again, this time selecting ONLY the Digirack plug-ins and it should be able to complete.