Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2018, 12:33 AM

Default Re: Eleven rack I/O

The driver was installed the iMac wasn’t allowing an extension of it. Apple support had to escalate it to engineering because we couldn’t fix it with screen share.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-24-2018, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bektolio View Post
The driver was installed the iMac wasn’t allowing an extension of it. Apple support had to escalate it to engineering because we couldn’t fix it with screen share.

The driver *is* the kernel extension (kext), it does not have extensions. The kext is copied to the extensions folder but blocked from loading into the kernel by the macOS security. Until all that is done the driver is not installed (into the kernel), and so not working at all, hence my comment you never had the driver installed.... that should have been caught early on when you could not select it in the playback engine.

Again you seem to be all over this from different directions so I'm going to leave it with you.
Old 05-24-2018, 12:44 AM

Yeah it just wouldn’t allow it. I’ll let apple engineering figure it out and I’ll wait. Thanks for the support!

Old 05-24-2018, 07:07 AM

I figured it out on my own. After reading several threads I noticed the problem not allowing me to click “allow” in security was caused by me running EUControl. It acted as a third party mouse. I quit EUControl re installed the eleven rack driver clicked allow and it works perfect in pro tools now.

Old 05-24-2018, 10:09 AM

Excellent. And thanks for posting the fix to help others.

Hopefully you now are set. I would go back to getting a prerecorded audio track working just playing back into headphones, then recording the dry mic with monitoring through Pro Tools no rig anything involved, and especially not trying to hear the mic through the rig as you were before (Pro tools will mute local/hardware monitoring when a session is using the Eleven Rack so you can't locally monitor like that anyhow.).