Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | MTRX & MTRX Studio

Old 10-13-2020, 08:46 PM

Default MTRX Studio Mac Pro Not in Synch on Dante Network

I've been running a MTRX studio for a few months now with my 2013 Mac Pro with no issues. I've upgraded to a new 2019 Mac Pro and I cannot get it to synch over the Dante network. It is always in "listening" mode and the synch light is in red. The MTRX is green and is the Master. I've tried everything. Different ports, adaptors, static IPs, DHCP, plugging into my ethernet switch, taking it out of the switch and plugging directly into my Airport Express...nothing works. The only difference between the computers (besides being different computers) is the new Mac Pro is on Catalina and the 2013 computer is not. I have the latest software of DVS and Dante Controller. I honestly don't know if I have the latest firmware update for the MTRX because I don't see where you can see what version you are currently on. And I'm scared to update that because as of now my 2013 Mac is working perfectly and is keeping me working but if I do something to mess that up then I'll have two rigs not working and I can't afford to do that. I've seen all kinds of things on different links about the 10G ethernet port is weird with Dante and you have to use an adaptor. I tried that (with two different adaptors) and it didn't work. I just cannot get the Mac Pro to be the slave to the MTRX and I've tried everything.
Old 10-13-2020, 11:52 PM

Default Re: MTRX Studio Mac Pro Not in Synch on Dante Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goombot View Post
I've been running a MTRX studio for a few months now with my 2013 Mac Pro with no issues. I've upgraded to a new 2019 Mac Pro and I cannot get it to synch over the Dante network. It is always in "listening" mode and the synch light is in red. The MTRX is green and is the Master. I've tried everything. Different ports, adaptors, static IPs, DHCP, plugging into my ethernet switch, taking it out of the switch and plugging directly into my Airport Express...nothing works. The only difference between the computers (besides being different computers) is the new Mac Pro is on Catalina and the 2013 computer is not. I have the latest software of DVS and Dante Controller. I honestly don't know if I have the latest firmware update for the MTRX because I don't see where you can see what version you are currently on. And I'm scared to update that because as of now my 2013 Mac is working perfectly and is keeping me working but if I do something to mess that up then I'll have two rigs not working and I can't afford to do that. I've seen all kinds of things on different links about the 10G ethernet port is weird with Dante and you have to use an adaptor. I tried that (with two different adaptors) and it didn't work. I just cannot get the Mac Pro to be the slave to the MTRX and I've tried everything.
Some Ethernet to USB-C adapters won’t work without a driver installed. The Belkin one is plug and play and works fine.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 10-14-2020, 07:48 AM

I appreciate the response but I think it’s a deeper network issue. Some settings on the Mac. That has to be it unless there is something with Catalina. Is there anyone else out there with Dante and a new Mac Pro? Can anyone at Avid chime in on this?
Old 10-14-2020, 02:52 PM

Quote:
I appreciate the response but I think it’s a deeper network issue. Some settings on the Mac. That has to be it unless there is something with Catalina. Is there anyone else out there with Dante and a new Mac Pro? Can anyone at Avid chime in on this?
It isn't this- loads of people have it working, including myself.

I've tried to give you a method for approaching this problem in the other thread.
I reiterate- randomly changing settings in the hope that things will magically fix is the wrong approach.

2019 Mac Pro, 2022 Mac Studio Ultra
Avid S6, HDX2, MTRX II, MTRX, DAD AX64, AX32, Focusrite Rednet PCIER, Trinnov MC8 Pro.
Studio: https://www.voltperoctave.com | Music: https://www.euclideancircuits.com
Latest Article: Auto-Bounce for Logic Pro

Affiliate Links:
Auto-Bounce by Tom Salta
Dreamhost Web Hosting
Old 10-15-2020, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Is the USB-C to Network adapter showing up in System Preferences>Network?

It’s working fine here too. 7.1 Mac Pro/MTRX Studio/DVS/Focusrite Rednet PCIe card. I didn’t have to do much on the Mac/Catalina side of things except for setting the Mac to a manual (static) IP address. The fiddly bit was configuring the network switch to be Dante network friendly but there’s good advice for this on the Audinate, Yamaha and Focusrite websites.
Old 07-23-2022, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Did you ever solve this? having same issue right now after a new computer was put in place. Its like the MTRX and DVS are having some network conflict and it keeps listening and won't pass audio.
Old 07-23-2022, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHS View Post
Did you ever solve this? having same issue right now after a new computer was put in place. Its like the MTRX and DVS are having some network conflict and it keeps listening and won't pass audio.
What macOS are you on and what computer and what ethernet connection?

The OP's issues stemmed from that. It has now been years and fixed to a degree but, for instance, Apple had to make a fix in their operating system If you aren't on a recent one, you won't have the fix.(and then Dante software had to be corrected in a different version.)
Old 07-24-2022, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post

The OP's issues stemmed from that. It has now been years and fixed to a degree but, for instance, Apple had to make a fix in their operating system If you aren't on a recent one, you won't have the fix.(and then Dante software had to be corrected in a different version.)
I never got DVS to work reliably with my 2019 Mac Pro, even with the new universal binary version. Pity...
Old 07-24-2022, 11:16 AM

Exact same issue. Was ion a 2013 trash can. All worked well. Switched to a cheese grater and DVS stuck in “listening”. Audi are says “try another adapter” did that. Doesn’t fix the issue so far. Far as I’ve gotten in 2 days. Lol.
Old 07-24-2022, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post

Max pro 2019
Catalina 10.15.7
DVS 4.1.2
Controller 4.6.0.8
S6 on en0
En1 goes out to a unmanaged 8 port switch
Connects to web and Mtrx
I tried putting Mtrx in its own TB3 to Ethernet adapter. Didn’t change anything.

I would have upgraded to a later OS but my s6 is stuck in 2020.11.1.10
Just getting this room back online since it went dark in March 2020.
Waiting on my rep to get me back into support.