Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2017, 01:11 PM

Default Pro Tools 10 License Not Appearing On Avid's Website, But It Is In My iLok Account

Hello, so I bought a used PT10 license off of someone. Transferred via iLok, paid the $25, bought my own iLok 3, registered the key to my physical iLok. Pro Tools 10 works great. When I log into my Avid Master account, and click under "My Products". My PT10 license is not listed. My iLok is linked to my Avid Master account. Just wondering how to get that to appear under "My Products". Thanks in advance, Matt.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 1.jpg (17.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2.jpg (23.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-06-2017, 01:25 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 10 License Not Appearing On Avid's Website, But It Is In My iLok Accoun

Hi and Welcome

You need to do a Transfer of Ownership (TOO) in order to get the downloads in your avid account. It should have been done when you bought the license. There is no shortcut to this so either register it via TOO to you or wait until you upgrade that PT10 license to a newer version and that new version will be added to your account with links to download both the AIR instruments and plugins as well as the software and extras.

You don't need the product to be in your avid account to upgrade to a new PT version like PT12 for example, just the license in your iLok account as that's what you surrender when upgrading.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-06-2017, 01:31 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 10 License Not Appearing On Avid's Website, But It Is In My iLok Accoun

Can I still do a TOO (Transfer of Ownership) even though we already transferred the licenses via iLok?
Old 12-06-2017, 01:55 PM

Before I purchase any support, the previous owner does not have access to his old avid email, he can't get the conformation email. Suggest I just upgrade PT12 My problem now is I want all the included plugins installed, and I can't get those due to my license not being in my Avid account.
Old 12-06-2017, 01:59 PM

Yes thats a problem but you can do the TOO now as that is another step. Ilok is a different transfer than Avid software transfer.

You just need to download the TOO and fill it out. No need for any old email address or anything like that.

What PT10 version do you have installed?

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-06-2017, 02:27 PM

Question on 3. and 4. For 3. should I deactivate PT10 from my iLok back into MY iLok account? The key is no longer in the sellers iLok account. And for 4. it says confirmation email, meaning you both need to confirm a link sent in that email? He can't access that email anymore. Also if he refuses to send me a signature... I'm a little stuck then?
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot 3.PNG (60.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-06-2017, 04:39 PM

I will escalate this to Avid now and see what they say. I have never ised the TOO after a sale so I might say something thats incorrect.

Either I or Avid rep will contact you as soon as possible.

Don't do any deactivations etc until we know what to do.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-07-2017, 06:36 AM

Thank you! I appreciate that, I will be waiting!