Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2009, 04:58 PM

Default Click Track Issues

I have Pro Tools MP 8. When I insert a click track, the click will ONLY produce actual sound once I hit a key on my Axiom49 keyboard, otherwise no sound... but I see volume levels go up and down. To top it off, the only time it actually works normally is if i set the click to 1/1 note tempo. Is anyone familiar with this?
Old 05-16-2009, 04:21 AM

Default Re: Click Track Issues

Sounds like your using it on an instrument track? In the 'Track' menu click on 'Create Click Track'. It should sound when you press the spacebar or press play. Double click the metronome in the transport window for options on when you want the click to play (during countoff, during countoff and record etc).
Old 05-16-2009, 09:14 PM

I am inserting a click track. The sound does not play unless i sent it a midi note. Not sure why it is doing this however.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:15 AM
Avid

We're going to need more info to help determine what the problem is.

Please see the Help Us Help You and General Troubleshooting threads for details, as well as some possible troubleshooting steps that may fix the problem.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:47 AM

Ok, I will make this as clear as possible.

I am having this issue on ANY computer I install protools on. I just had a computer fail on me yesterday, So i bought a new vista 64bit (i know its unsupported, but I had this problem on a XP 32bit SP2 machine as well) quadcore, 6 gigs of ram.

For the audio interface, I am using an Fast Track Ultra with an Axiom 49 and also a Korg PadKontrol.

This is a brand new computer, completely gutted and only have protools installed (besides the hardwares' software and drivers).

NOW FOR THE PROBLEM
When I insert a click track into my session, I make sure that it is enabled for play and record. The problem is, is that it WILL NOT CLICK unless i send it midi data through my hardware. You can watch the click levels go up and down, but no click sound unless I am hitting my keyboard or padkontrol.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:54 PM

Do you mean you have the Click record enabled???
If you just want a basic Click track have you tried the previous suggestion, i.e 'Track Menu' then 'Create click track'?
Old 05-19-2009, 01:26 PM

Very strange and interesting. Since your getting the same issues on different machines and with different OS.

Try this just for fun--- start up Protools without the Axiom connected --- Create a new session ---- insert a click track (Track--Click Track). Now press play /record and see If you hear the Click track. If you do save/close the session--------restart PT8 with the axiom connected and open the same session you saved. Are you still having the same issue when you click play?
Old 05-19-2009, 04:20 PM

That might be a good idea, I am using the USB connection for the Axiom as its power source. I am however making sure that I have it unchecked under MIDI input (I have the Axiom connected with a MIDI cable to the Fast Track Ultra).

Anyways, Ill give it a shot today when I get off of work here and I'll post the results.

Thanks!
Old 05-19-2009, 08:44 PM

No dice. The click track does not sound at all. Is there a setting somewhere I am missing?
Old 05-20-2009, 09:10 AM
Avid

What have you set your click options to? Double click on the metronome icon in the transport bar to view them.

Do you have the fader up on the Click track? Did you use the 'Create Click Track' option or did you create your own track, then insert the click plug-in?

Maybe you should do a video screenshot of your exact process - you can use the free Jing application to do one and upload it, then paste the link to the video in your reply.