Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2020, 02:12 PM

Default Re: Come On 20.

prolly PerForce
Old 03-28-2020, 03:50 PM

BURLINGTON, Mass, March 10, 2020
5:30 PM ET Update

AVID CANCELS AVID CONNECT 2020 CONFERENCE AND NAB SHOW PARTICIPATION IN RESPONSE TO CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK

Avid’s new product introductions will take place online in April;
Avid and ACA will host regional Connect events after public safety is assured

In response to the coronavirus outbreak, media technology leader Avid® (NASDAQ: Avid) has today announced its decision to cancel participation in all trade conferences and other large face-to-face events globally for at least the next 60 days, including NAB Show 2020. Additionally, the Avid Connect 2020 conference in Las Vegas that was planned for mid-April is canceled, a decision the company made in close consultation with the Avid Customer Association’s (ACA) executive board.

In April, the community will be invited to participate in an online broadcast to introduce all of Avid’s new products that had been slated for introduction at Connect 2020 and NAB Show 2020 in Las Vegas. Later in the year—when public safety can be assured—Avid and the ACA plan to host regional Connect events in several locations worldwide for the convenience of the community. Details will be announced soon.

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.12 Win 10 Pro 22H2 Gigabyte GA-Z270 i7-7700K 32GB Ram UAD Apollo 8
Old 03-28-2020, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagras View Post
What about selecting all 50 tracks with track and edit selection linked and pressing shift S just once?
I was talking about listening to the tracks one by one, or individual clips. My English is not very good, sorry.
  • Mac Studio M2 Ultra 2023. 2T. 128 Go. + 2X 4 T NVMe ext.
  • AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor 3.40 GHz 64 Go, full SSD

• Roland V-Piano, Novation 88
  • Etc.
  • www.claudemarcbourget.com
Old 03-29-2020, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbourget View Post
I was talking about listening to the tracks one by one, or individual clips. My English is not very good, sorry.
No problem, same here
What I do is use P and ' to move up and down the tracks in the edit page, that doesn't change that I still have to press shift S.
Old 03-29-2020, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagras View Post
No problem, same here
What I do is use P and ' to move up and down the tracks in the edit page, that doesn't change that I still have to press shift S.
Yes, I do that too, I know PT very well. That's one of the reasons I'm heading to Cubase. Automatic solo on track (optional). As soon as you touch a track or a clip, the track is solo. Studio One has that, too. But Cubase and Studio One have a rotten clipgain! Imperfect world...

Overall, between PT and Cubase, I still have to choose Cubase. If we compare the richness of the functions, PT does not resist, it is very far behind. Too bad, because its interface is superb and it has fantastic functions. But the balance leans towards Steinberg (and I have both DAW for 7 or 8 years). The future, too. Steinberg has launched at least 3 surveys among its users, very specific on needs and requests. When have known that Avid is deaf or almost...

• Etc.
Old 03-29-2020, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt kirk View Post
It would be nice if everything was on one key, but you're askin for some crazy sh.t to happen...... one wrong move.....or cat.......
CThis is how it is in Cubase and Nuendo, and in Studio One. No anonyceasing disasters... And there's a worse touch not to inadvertently touch!

• Etc.
Old 03-29-2020, 04:58 AM

I must be retarded because it has never even come to my my mind that clip should solo when I touch it... How on earth have I managed all these years without it
Old 03-29-2020, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
There are only so many one keys available and to my thinking single click solo is not on top of the priority list.

As always, you need to think control surfaces. PT first and foremost needs to be controlled by control surface and its modifier keys. Not saying this is a bad request but just not seeing that it would happen. Ever.
I'm afraid you're right. That said, I have for example the MC Transport, but the buttons are too firm. You have to weigh hard, it's stupid for continuous functions (I use it very well for something else) The iPad by Eucon is better, but we take your hands off the keyboard. I personally find that the keyboard is still the best. It would not be expensive in programming, it seems to me, to allow that option. Or 2-3 programmable shortcuts per customer! It won't destroy the workflow on earth!

• Etc.
Old 03-29-2020, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwittman View Post
Yes.
Solo on my Raven is one touch <g>

What I don't want is to become more of a typist than a mixer
All right. Do you know if Raven comes with HD screens? 1920 x 1080, especially on a big screen, it's low. The current eye has become accustomed to more. Without thinking 4k, it would take at least the 3840 x 2160. The argument that it is not important does not hold. Otherwise we go back to 800 x 600 and we forget all comfort.

• Etc.
Old 03-29-2020, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon2065 View Post
BURLINGTON, Mass, March 10, 2020
5:30 PM ET Update

AVID CANCELS AVID CONNECT 2020 CONFERENCE AND NAB SHOW PARTICIPATION IN RESPONSE TO CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK

Avid’s new product introductions will take place online in April;
Avid and ACA will host regional Connect events after public safety is assured

In response to the coronavirus outbreak, media technology leader Avid® (NASDAQ: Avid) has today announced its decision to cancel participation in all trade conferences and other large face-to-face events globally for at least the next 60 days, including NAB Show 2020. Additionally, the Avid Connect 2020 conference in Las Vegas that was planned for mid-April is canceled, a decision the company made in close consultation with the Avid Customer Association’s (ACA) executive board.

In April, the community will be invited to participate in an online broadcast to introduce all of Avid’s new products that had been slated for introduction at Connect 2020 and NAB Show 2020 in Las Vegas. Later in the year—when public safety can be assured—Avid and the ACA plan to host regional Connect events in several locations worldwide for the convenience of the community. Details will be announced soon.
Perfect reason, this time, for delays yet systemic. I would say we will wait again after April. I hope I'm wrong. But with Avid, it's more prudent to bet on the delay than on punctuality. The word Avid is synonymous with silence, slowness and delay. We should rename turtles.

• Etc.