Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2016, 09:30 AM

Default Object-based automation

Wouldn't be nice if the Default EQ and the Default Compressor from the mixing Prefs Tab, could be used for clip based automation? Double-clicking a clip could bring up the plugins parameters window (similar to Sequoia or old FCP even). And I'm happy having only Cmd+Shift+R as the only option to rename a clip.

That would save - and I'm sure a lot of other people - sooooooooooo much time, while editing and premixing. Especially for the rudimentary stuff and the using plugin auto for when actually mixing.

Back to work.
Old 08-19-2016, 11:41 AM

Default Re: Object-based automation

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonis View Post
Wouldn't be nice if the Default EQ and the Default Compressor from the mixing Prefs Tab, could be used for clip based automation? Double-clicking a clip could bring up the plugins parameters window (similar to Sequoia or old FCP even). And I'm happy having only Cmd+Shift+R as the only option to rename a clip.

That would save - and I'm sure a lot of other people - sooooooooooo much time, while editing and premixing. Especially for the rudimentary stuff and the using plugin auto for when actually mixing.

Back to work.
Dreams do come true sometimes.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 08-19-2016, 02:52 PM

Ha!

You mean like in Audiovision, Pro Tool's neanderthal ancestor.
We can only hope one day it will return along with bins in the region list.

Clip gain finally came back after 20 years!

Hopefully we can have clip based non destructive FX back too.

Keep praying!
Old 08-19-2016, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Keep praying!
Keep paying
Old 09-09-2016, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postman View Post
Keep paying

He!

I hear you.

It seems that 12.6 fulfilled the wish.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-09-2016, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek View Post
Dreams do come true sometimes.
People need to learn to read between the lines!!

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 09-09-2016, 12:44 PM

Default Object-based automation

He! My bad! I'm just somehow used of the sarcasm and the negativity around and hat sometimes dwells around here!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-2016, 06:06 AM

Wow, finally a reason to upgrade to 12.x

What's the current policy / pricing to get you from 11HD to 12HD after 12.6 comes out? Didn't fully understand that from the info floating around.

http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home...g-and-upgrades

Looking at the AVID page it seems to be the old 999$ fee but now it includes 3 years of the plan? Great. SO gerat I didn't upgrade when they did this "you must upgrade before Dec 31st to save a ton of money"-PR.

F.
Old 09-10-2016, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Kruse View Post
Wow, finally a reason to upgrade to 12.x

What's the current policy / pricing to get you from 11HD to 12HD after 12.6 comes out? Didn't fully understand that from the info floating around.

http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home...g-and-upgrades

Looking at the AVID page it seems to be the old 999$ fee but now it includes 3 years of the plan? Great. SO gerat I didn't upgrade when they did this "you must upgrade before Dec 31st to save a ton of money"-PR.

F.
Frank, I'm not seeing where you see that the $999 includes 3 years. As it has been and still seems to stand, if you aren't already on a support plan you can get up to date (9HD and higher) for $999.

That will get you (from http://www.avid.com/pro-tools-hd/pricing#show-0):

1 - Pro Tools | HD 12 software perpetual license
2 - Access to all new software releases, 25 bonus plug-ins, and support for one year
3 - Renew your plan for just $399/year thereafter through your Avid Account

So it is the same as before. $999 if you've let it lapse and want to get back on the support plan. But then the year after you pay $399 again to renew. Not sure where you're seeing that $999 would give you three years of the plan. (That'd be nice.)

So there's no reason to wait till 12.6 comes out if you want to upgrade now. Won't make a difference in price.
Old 09-10-2016, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Smith View Post
Frank, I'm not seeing where you see that the $999 includes 3 years. As it has been and still seems to stand, if you aren't already on a support plan you can get up to date (9HD and higher) for $999.

That will get you (from http://www.avid.com/pro-tools-hd/pricing#show-0):

1 - Pro Tools | HD 12 software perpetual license
2 - Access to all new software releases, 25 bonus plug-ins, and support for one year
3 - Renew your plan for just $399/year thereafter through your Avid Account

So it is the same as before. $999 if you've let it lapse and want to get back on the support plan. But then the year after you pay $399 again to renew. Not sure where you're seeing that $999 would give you three years of the plan. (That'd be nice.)

So there's no reason to wait till 12.6 comes out if you want to upgrade now. Won't make a difference in price.
Yeah, I guess I mixed it up with the info about the hardware exchange where it says: "Exchanges are now the same price as the Core but you get 3 years of upgrade/support plan worth $798"

Good to have clip-based EQ back. It means we can finally save clip-groups and retain the EQs too. Like back in the days of AudioVision. Hope bins and sequences are next. Dreams seem to come true pretty quick lately