Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2001, 08:26 PM

Default Re: Automation rat\'s nest w/ Object Grabber

I've had this same problem; automation doubling back on itself, crossing over itself, breakpoints that can't be erased. I like to keep my automation clean, but this bug takes up a lot of my time trying to sort through the mess.

Gills
Old 10-11-2001, 12:18 AM

Default Automation rat\'s nest w/ Object Grabber

PT5.1.1/MixPlus, OS9.0.4, 9600/G3-300…

I believe I have observed a bug involving the object grabber. I was wondering if anyone else has seen something similar.

In video post I often sound design :30 spots and then have to create :15 cut downs. I use the object grabber to copy/paste groups of regions. The source regions have volume/pan automation that consists of anchor points at the beginning and end of the region, i.e. a simple level adjust.

On rare occasion some of the automation will playback strangely. When I look at the automation in the edit window, there are instances where the automation line will double back on itself. Weird! One time I poked at it a little (in session – gotta keep moving) and if I started playback before the jumble, PT would play one iteration while if I started on the jumble, it’d play the other iteration.