Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2023, 10:52 AM

Default Komplete Kontrol Mk 3 Keyboards

Has anyone experimented? I had one sent out, because of 23.12. There is an issue. Running a 7.1 in Ventura. In my midi studio set up, it shows the new mk3 listed with ; main / daw / ext . In a launched session with KK loaded on an instrument track, no daw control. If you look in peripherals it has it listed, however you can only select main or ext ? Is this an Avid or NI code issue? No control of ; play / record / stop .

Not a problem arming a track with a mouse click or hitting 3 on the keyboard. Just thought it was called Komplete Kontrol for a reason.

Any body experiment here? How is it listed in your system even with the Studio M2?

Happy Holidays!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 12-28-2023, 05:57 AM

Default Re: Komplete Kontrol Mk 3 Keyboards

Well the fine people in tech support at NI finally got back to me. They said at this time no daw control in Pro Tools. I wonder is this an Avid thing where NI needs to compensate them so the Mk3 can have that function? It’s always better to work in the track or edit window probably anyway. However you can select VI’s in KK on your tracks and trigger them.

Old 03-27-2024, 08:14 AM

Still many issues with this NI mk3 keyboard and calling up their software and implementing control in Pro Tools sessions on Intel Macs. Is there anyone from Avid here that can comment that Avid has released the proper implementation for NI?

Old 03-27-2024, 04:08 PM

I don't know the reason why neither company connects the dots here but I don't expect NI keyboards to ever support ProTools if they haven't by now. I've had mkI and mkII keyboards and have gotten accustomed to them being disconnected from PT. You CAN use many buttons and sliders etc with PT but it requires configuring the NI as MIDI in preferences.
Old 03-28-2024, 07:39 AM

Yes, the rudimentary items are easy to configure. I had the 1 and 2 keyboards as well basically using it as a midi controller. More interested to get it to use my NKS VSL NI libraries on the mk3. Just not possible, it’s sad they claim it to function in PT’s . I’m sure there are software conflicts.

Old 04-11-2024, 11:20 AM

OP

And to all stumbling on this...

There is a problem with the NI Template system used for changing Midi channels - You can change the Midi channel for the keybed, BUT, the sustain pedal does not follow the Midi selection and is fixed to one channel globally. IMHO, a major design oversight that makes it difficult to use the NI hardware in multi-keyboard systems.

Beware

ejinbc