Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2013, 04:44 AM

Default Nuendo 6 issues - which xml does 2.7 use?

Hi there,

I don't know whether this is a Nuendo eucon issue or a Eucontrol issue, but through the various Nuendo updates over the years, I've always been able keep my settings file by duplicating it and renaming it to the latest version number.

Not the tidiest way of doing things, but since Eucontrol has no way of importing keys from other xml files it seems to be the only way.

Now I've spent a significant amount of time polishing my template; it has about 8-10 pages of shortcuts and macros and 6-7 custom softkey pages, so I'm not really wanting to have to reprogram them all everytime a new update comes out.

However, the recent Nuendo 6 (and Cubase 7) updates (combined with the 2.7 release of Eucontrol) are the first versions that don't want to use the original xml file.
It also appears that 2.7 stores/looks at the xml files in a different place then before.
I've tried copying this xml file to all the Nuendo6.xml instances I could find, but Eucontrol keeps reverting back to a default template.

These are the places I've looked at:
/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/EuCon/AppSets/Artist

/Library/Application Support/Euphonix/DYN_APPSETS

/Library/Application Support/Euphonix/SQRL

/Library/Application Support/Euphonix/UserSets/MC2User/MC_USER_SET__Root

Where do I need to copy my old nuendo5_5.xml file to, and how can I get it to work with Nuendo 6?

Thanks,

Joe