Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 01-09-2009, 01:46 PM

Default Card order with 6.4.1, Panther, Mix and regular DSP cards?

Hi Guys,

Haven't been on here for 4 years :S
In my setup, I use Nuendo 4 on a PC as my main daw with PT6 running as a mixer for the rest of my gear.
I used to do this on OS 9 with PT5, and so far it has been stable, bar OMS which would just stop working after a day or so. I had to use OMS to control the excellent Virus Indigo TDM plug-in.
As I don't have the cashflow to update to HD at this time, I got an old dual G4 instead and installed panther; figuring it would be more stable, easier to control via VNC and allow me to use OS X's midi system and MidiOverLan.

On to the issues; this is my current setup:
-Dual G4 1ghz , 1gb of Mem, OS X Panther 10.3.9, Protools 6.4.1 with latest updates.
-Digidesign 13 slot Expansion chassis with the following cards (chassis has correct serial):
1 D24 Card
1 Mix Farm
2 'regular' DSP farms
1 1622 interface
1 882 interface (16 bit version)
1 Adat Bridge with 2 cables
*special note: each audio interface is clocked by a seperate wc cable by a Lucid Genx96 on superclock at 48khz.

The slot order I had previously (when using OS 9) was this and that I'm trying to use now is:
1 Mix farm ->1622
2 D24 ->882
3 DSP Farm #1 -> Adat port A
4 DSP Farm #2 -> Adat Port B

Since this worked fine under OS9 I kept the same order for OS X.

However, under OS X I have the following issue; the 1622 doesn't appear to work correctly. Eventhough all interfaces show that they're being slaved, the 1622 insists being @44khz, despite the others being 48khz and clocked as such by the lucid. Cables have been checked and swapped, and are fine.
Also, switching the spdif input on the 1622 doesn't appear to make the led change either; it stays on analog.

I'm wondering if my card order is correct, as well as the interface connections?

Cheers,

Joris
Old 01-10-2009, 07:53 AM

Default Re: Card order with 6.4.1, Panther, Mix and regular DSP cards?

Bump!