Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Pro Tools | S3

Old 06-02-2016, 03:26 AM

Default Eucon 3.4 glitches

some more glitches I've been experiencing frequently since upgrading to Eucon 3.4:

- sometimes after writing trim automation in preview mode, faders do not return to their zero position

- at least once every 2 hours, when pushing a track sel button, the Eucon track layout page shows up instead of the track being selected. Only way to fix it is to restart all Eucon Apps. However, after doing so a dialog box pops up asking me to revert or keep track layout settings whenever I press spacebar, and I have to start/stop playback on the Artist Transport Control before the space bar goes back to normal.

PT 12.5 HDN, Win10
Old 06-02-2016, 05:00 AM

Default Re: Eucon 3.4 glitches

How so? Never had this in Eucon 3.2 and it started happening as soon as I upgraded to 3.4. Since the popularity of the S3 :roll eyes: I'd be very surprised if there's anything on google that's not here on the duc.

I could indeed buy a support ticket for every glitch and or bug in PT/Avid hardware, but I'd rather buy a house in two years for the same amount of money
Old 06-02-2016, 12:53 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoerik roevens View Post
some more glitches I've been experiencing frequently since upgrading to Eucon 3.4:

- sometimes after writing trim automation in preview mode, faders do not return to their zero position

- at least once every 2 hours, when pushing a track sel button, the Eucon track layout page shows up instead of the track being selected. Only way to fix it is to restart all Eucon Apps. However, after doing so a dialog box pops up asking me to revert or keep track layout settings whenever I press spacebar, and I have to start/stop playback on the Artist Transport Control before the space bar goes back to normal.

PT 12.5 HDN, Win10
If you can find a reproducible case for the trim thing, that will help us have a place to start.

When you bring the Layouts page up by pressing Sel, you probably have the SHIFT button latched. Will you check that? That is how the S3 currently works.

Are you pressing "Store" in the EuControl Settings>Layouts tab after you make a change? That dialog is popping up because you haven't stored (saved). No idea why spacebar would have any interaction with that though.
Berkeley, CA
Old 06-02-2016, 01:26 PM

Hi Kyle,

you're absolutely right on the latched shift button. Sorry I didn't think about that at the time!

I haven't found a reproducible case for the trim issue. So far it seems to happen randomly, maybe 1 time out of 300 or so, but it has never happened to me on Eucon 3.2. I'll keep you posted if I find some logic kind of logic in it.

Thanks for your helpful reply!
Old 06-02-2016, 02:58 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoerik View Post
Hi Kyle,

you're absolutely right on the latched shift button. Sorry I didn't think about that at the time!

I haven't found a reproducible case for the trim issue. So far it seems to happen randomly, maybe 1 time out of 300 or so, but it has never happened to me on Eucon 3.2. I'll keep you posted if I find some logic kind of logic in it.

Thanks for your helpful reply!
Ok, cool. Yeah, let me know what you find. Thanks.
Berkeley, CA