Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2009, 07:00 PM

Default Re: Keyboard issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beggehorn View Post
The Egg,

What were the plug-ins you found to be problematic? I dilligently keep my plug-ins and software up to date, in fact when rebuilding my computer last month, I literally went to every plug-in vendor and verified all were current. I keep an excel spreadsheet of all installed software and version numbers as well.

The other factor is that we're experienceing this on PC. I know other PC users who have seen this but haven't run across a Mac user with the same problem.

Ben

I had trouble because of Live, Trilogy, Atmosphere, Stylus, and Auto-Tune. Once I updated those, PT started humming. Before that, I had pre-roll issues, unexpectantly quitting, keyboard craziness (I'd have to hit apple+C and V a bunch of times before it copied or pasted.) and the shortcut I use the most is option+Scroll up to zoom in and option+scroll down to zoom out was sticking every time. Having said that, I updated Live and Auto-Tune and put Trilogy, Atmosphere, and Stylus in the unused folder for now. I originally just typed in the ".dpm" suffix on trilogy, atmosphere and stylus in the plug-ins folder as advised by someone on another forum, but the crazy pre-roll and crashing continued until I took them out. They (Tril, Atmos and Styl) worked fine during that time, but PT didn't start humming until I yanked them.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Egg View Post
I had trouble because of Live, Trilogy, Atmosphere, Stylus, and Auto-Tune. Once I updated those, PT started humming. Before that, I had pre-roll issues, unexpectantly quitting, keyboard craziness (I'd have to hit apple+C and V a bunch of times before it copied or pasted.) and the shortcut I use the most is option+Scroll up to zoom in and option+scroll down to zoom out was sticking every time. Having said that, I updated Live and Auto-Tune and put Trilogy, Atmosphere, and Stylus in the unused folder for now. I originally just typed in the ".dpm" suffix on trilogy, atmosphere and stylus in the plug-ins folder as advised by someone on another forum, but the crazy pre-roll and crashing continued until I took them out. They (Tril, Atmos and Styl) worked fine during that time, but PT didn't start humming until I yanked them.
Gotcha...

This seems a bit different than the issues that the original poster (and myself) have described. I do have RMX though and will see if I can repro after removing it from my plug-ins folder. Worth a shot I guess...

Digi??
Intel i9-10980xe
64 GB DDR4 3200 RAM
Matrox C420
Avid Artist Mix
Old 05-25-2009, 07:38 PM

Any further word on this Digi? There are several users here verifying the same issue. FWIW, I'm currently running PT 8 HD on Win7 RC x64 and the problem is still here. However, I'm not able to get the ALT key "unstuck" without closing PT first... and restarting. I get an error when closing PT when the bug is present and when I try to restart PT, I'm told PT didn't close correctly and am required to restart. When I'm closing PT normally (without the bug being present), I don't get the error and PT can be reopened with no problems. Hmmmm, maybe another clue?
Intel i9-10980xe
64 GB DDR4 3200 RAM
Matrox C420
Avid Artist Mix
Old 05-26-2009, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
I don't have any other reports of this that I can see.

Try trashing the preference file 'com.apple.HIToolbox.plist' and see if anything changes.
I've reported this several times here on the DUC and have had digi tech answer the posts. Basically, what is happening is windows key shortcuts are interrupting PT shortcuts. So, he's hitting windows +A and trying to zoom out to the whole project and the windows menu is coming up. Or stickykeys (a windows OS feature) is coming on and locking the modifier keys.

I get this all the time and it sucks. Using PT and having the windows menu pop up or hitting tab in protools trying to tab to the next region and instead you tab to the next open program. Really bad. Please fix this.

It worked well in PT 6.9 before you added the new keyboard feature.

Best,
Brandon
Old 05-26-2009, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland Clarke View Post
I ran into a similar problem last week, plugin's not being controllable, resetting to 0. It only occurred when I was working on numerous different tracks over the space of a long day. I spoke with a friend of mine and he seems to think that it is related to the way PT8 loads plugin's, i.e. they are booted from the launch of the program, not the particular session they are related to. Seems that closing pro tools and relaunching fixed the issue and it has not recurred.

Regards

Roland
Your windows key was stuck down by the windows OS's program "stickykeys". Hold down "windows" for like 6 sec and all the modifiers get stuck down. Now, everytime you touch a control is resets to unity because in PT windows key + a control, like a fader, snaps it to unity.

To unstick just hit a conbination of modifier keys a couple of time. That should work in XP. I'm not sure vista does this.

Best,
Brandon
Old 05-26-2009, 11:58 AM

Man I thought my keyboard was dying. I have the same problem. I have to Ctrl+click a bunch of tracks in random fashion and it will resolve it for a while 50% of the time. Glad I didn't spring for a new keyboard!

MacBook Pro (15-inch,2018)
2.9 Ghz Intel Core i9 CPU
32 GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
1TB SSD System Drive
Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6
Old 05-29-2009, 01:42 PM

bump
Intel i9-10980xe
64 GB DDR4 3200 RAM
Matrox C420
Avid Artist Mix
Old 06-08-2009, 08:02 AM

bump
S3
Old 06-16-2009, 07:21 PM

Angry Re: Keyboard issues?

Happening here too. REALLY FRUSTRATING!!!!! I usually have to reboot to get it out of being stuck.

It's the option key getting stuck on me. Normally after alt/option dragging a plugin to another track on the mixer.
Old 06-20-2009, 01:05 PM

Oh well, it was driving me nuts! Picked up a Mac Pro today. I was wasting so much time with restarts due to this!