How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 10-04-2014, 05:36 AM

Default Bug for Artist Transport since EuCon 3

Hello,

today I found a bug with the Artist Transport on Windows :

Some transport keys don't color -> they stay yellow even if you choose a green or red color according to the the key possibilities.

In exemple, the 5Th key (starting from the left) is supposed to be the "Play" key. If you choose a green color, it stays yellow when you hit Play or press it.

I deinstalled EuCon 3.2 and reinstalled each vesion since 2.6.2 to test it.

It's OK with versions until 3.0 -> the keys color yellow, red or green.

It's broken since 3.0 and it's worse with 3.2 :

The 2 first keys don't color red and the 5th doesn't color green.

Can someone test it's Transport unit and confirm ?

Last edited by Voyageur; 10-05-2014 at 01:27 AM.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:56 AM

Default Re: Bug for Artist Transport since EuCon 3

Having a similar problem in 3.2, with a brand new Transport:

Button 1 won't go red. 5 and 6 won't go green. I had trouble getting button 7 to go red, but it started working in one app just now after switching away and back to it. The whole color feature seems flaky.

Craig Good
Teller of stories, some of them true.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:06 PM

I just got a Transport and had the same issue. It is definitely an issue but I did figure a work around for the Transport Button colors. I've included a graphic to show the color wheel halves that I describe below.

For Buttons 1 & 2:
If you open the colors and then go to the first color tab showing a color wheel, if you imagine a diagonal line going from the top right of the circle to the bottom left cutting through the left edge of yellow and right edge of dark blue, then any color to the top/left side of the line will give you the red color. Any color you choose below/to the right of the line (including the color yellow) will make it yellow. So yellow works fine. But to get red you can't set it to red. It must be a color above the line. I use cyan for instance.

For Button 5:
It is similar. If you set it to yellow you get yellow. If you want green you can't set it to green because it's above that imaginary line. If you set it to red or magenta, you will get green.

So basically setting to yellow always gives you yellow. However, it looks like they have reversed the "closest color" selection for those buttons. So for 1 & 2 if you want red....choose green or cyan. For 5 if you want green, set it to red or magenta. It's a pain to remember but it works. Hopefully they will fix it in the next version.

I'm not sure if this will be good enough to get onto Avid's "fix it" list. Is there somewhere else to post it?

My Specs:
Macbook Pro Late 2013
16 Gig Ram
OSX 10.10.5 Yosemite
Logic Pro X 10.2.0
Eucon 3.3.1 (3.3 10050859)
MC Mix & MC Transport - Latest Firmware 1.1.8.0
Attached Images
File Type: png ColorWheelWithLine.png (52.6 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by markhawke7; 10-05-2015 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Adding My Specs
Old 08-04-2016, 11:58 PM

I've just received my AVID transport and seeing this issue with Econ 3.4. I know this thread is from a long time ago, but did anyone work this one out?
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01