Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2013, 01:42 AM

Default Still can't get Low Latency Monitoring With My HD Native Omni!

Dear Avid,

I have had this problem before and posted it and got no real fix for it. Been googling the problem all night with no real solution provided. Is there anyway someone from Avid can help me with this issue? Is there a tech support number I can call?

I have pro tools HD 10.3.7 and the Avid Omni installed all up to date. Everything works fine except low latency monitoring, which doesn't work. This didn't bother me until tonight, I was using a "remote desktop" application to control pro tools from my cell phone inside the vocal booth so I don't have to run in and out of the booth. The system keeps choking and cutting out saying it is a buffer issue, I was recording @ 32 samples, so i bumped it up to 64 and got the same issue! I don't want to go any higher than that because It will start to echo and throw me off... No plugins on right now just tracks theres no reason it should be doing this! I have a fast I5 system with 16gb ram, Checked CPU usage it was small so I am not sure what the problem is, I guess it's this application conflicting with pro tools.

I have a feeling pro tools wouldn't give the error if I put it in LLM but i still haven't figured it out on the omni. It should be working, but when I Set it on it mutes the headphones so I cannot hear what I am recording! Any ideas how to fix this bug. I did the 003 trade in, and it worked perfect on my 003 i used it every day. I got a free pt11 upgrade and it suddenly stopped working on my 003, now that I bought HD omni it hasn't worked either. I wan't worried about it until tonight, I like using a remote for pro tools, and this is throwing me off... Not really sure what the problem is. I uninstalled PT11 now and I just have 10.3.7 im running OSX 10.8.3 please let me know the solution thanks!
Old 10-25-2013, 10:29 AM

Default Re: Still can't get Low Latency Monitoring With My HD Native Omni!

Can you detail

- Computer used
- HDN - TB or PCIe
- Headphone is fed from what output
- LLM is default to out 1-2 but can be changed in I/O panel
- 44.1 session?
- Playback engine settings
Design Engineer: http://www.propowerinc.com/resume.html
Old 10-25-2013, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by propower View Post
Can you detail

- Computer used
- HDN - TB or PCIe
- Headphone is fed from what output
- LLM is default to out 1-2 but can be changed in I/O panel
- 44.1 session?
- Playback engine settings
Computer Used
Intel I5 2400K / 16GB Ram / Nvidia 460 gtx / 2 ssd drives / 4 Sata Drives, HD Native Card, Firewire Card

HDN
is pci express

Headphone is coming out of the front input jack of Omni

LLM
is set to come out of out 1-2 exactly, have tried changing various settings on it, to no avail... not sure exactly why its not working tried 5-6, 9-10 etc, omni is configured to play sound from out 1-2

session im running is 48khz

playback engine was on 32 samples (the way i like it) i can hear a slight chorus/doubler effect on 64 samples (due to latency) and i dont want to go any higher... i know that on LLM you can have the buffer on 1024 samples and it won't even matter it will sound super clear super low latency

Thanks for any help on this issue appreciate it.
Old 03-31-2020, 04:11 PM

Did you ever get this to work? Because I haven't. Same setup.
Old 04-09-2020, 02:51 PM

Anyone? Would really be interested to learn.
Old 04-10-2020, 09:31 AM

I use an Omni via HDN and Thunderbolt. In my experience, when choosing LLM from the "Options" menu (which I need to re-do every time I relaunch PT), I hear a slight "click" from the Omni. I assume that's a relay rerouting the input directly to the headphone jack instead of sending the signal on the round trip through the software. That's been working for me.
Old 04-10-2020, 09:45 AM

Hmm. Well I definitely don't get that 'click'. And this is already my third OMNI.
Old 04-10-2020, 10:20 AM

_JJ_ So you say that LLM actually works for you? The only differentiator I see between our setups is the OS...
Old 04-10-2020, 01:19 PM

Yes, it works for me. LLM is not available from the TB box headphone jack but that's because (I assume) it's a "hard wire" path from input to monitor out within the Omni.

I don't know enough to help you any further but my IO is basically the default. And the input I use on the Omni is AES but I still get LLM when the track is in record.