Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2007, 12:47 PM

Default MIDI clock output problem

Hi, I have been using PTLE for quite a long time and have been pretty good at solving any very minor issues I have had. Unfortunately, I came across one I cannot figure out.

When I set PT to send MIDI clock out, to a synth with arpeggiator, or a drum machine, the tempo is twice as fast as what I have it set at. For example, if PT is set up for a session with 120 BPM, resolution = quarter note and I set up an audio track or aux input to a drum machine that is set to external clock, the result is what sounds like its being played at 240 BPM. The same goes for the synth that has arpeggiators and effects that can be locked to external clock.

I noticed if I set resolution = eighth note, the correct timing comes back (to a degree - more on this later), but the session gets squashed down to half the tempo (markers and audio region start points.) Also, if I do this the resultant "correct" tempo drum machine glitches and gets retriggered sometimes - same with the synth.

I also tried making a new session, where I set the resolution = eighth note to begin with and got the same double speed problem and had to change it to resolution = sixteenth note to get a normal sounding arpeggio. I went to resolution = quarter note just to see and it was apparently now 4 times the correct speed!! I couldn't even make sense of that sound.

I am using PTLE in Win XP Home SP2
002 Rack
ASUS K8V SE Deluxe motherboard, Athlon 64 processor 2800+(retail, not OEM)
512 MB ram
No overclocking, no uneccessary software like catalyst control center, ect.
PTLE Version 7.3.1cs1

Emagic AMT8 MIDI interface

Problem is evident with both:
Novation Nova synth O/S 4.1
Yamaha DX200

I don't know when this problem started unfortunately since I haven't been using these things in a while, but I now have a need to and cannot get them to work properly. I have used these things before in this way without a problem.

Any ideas?